clock settings

Techniques, tips, and advice for the performance PC enthusiast on overclocking.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

clock settings

Postby Milo_Yambag » Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:04 pm

i have an Asus A7V-KT133 and AMD T-bird 1.3, the highest multiplier on my board is 13, how do i set it higher?
Milo_Yambag
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby len444 » Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:31 pm

:arrow: :idea: :!: please state what processor you have- either 200mhz, or 266mhz (more than likely)- i think that amd stopped making the 200mhz cpu w/ 1.2ghz- but i am not absolutely certain- if a 200mhz= 100mhz fsb(13x)=1.3ghz, or if you have a cpu that is 266mhz, than your fsb will be 133mhz(10X)=1.3ghz. after verifying what cpu you have, navigate the bios, and make the changes specific to your cpu, select save and exit, and boot up the machine- this should work!!!

as far as higher settings- this is an uncertainty- asus might have a bios update that will increase the multiplier higher. it's my hunch that the above diatribe on my part will be helpful though.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby len444 » Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:54 pm

Having the ability to adjust multiplier settings is important, because the KT133 chipset is not very stable beyond 110Mhz (even though it has FSB up to 145Mhz

from this article:
http://www.thetechzone.com/reviews/moth ... ndex.shtml

it looks like i've erred- this mb will not do 133mhz according to the above article. this is an uncertainty.

do you have an unlocked cpu- what was it's rating originally (stock off the shelf)?

Currently there are two version of the A7V. One with on board sound and one without. If you're going to get this motherboard, make sure you get the one without on board sound. The reason for this is the unit with on board sound is missing DIP switches to set FSB and CPU multiplier. What's the deal about that? Don't most motherboard do those settings in BIOS? Well, yes and no. Most Intel CPU motherboards let you set FSB and multiplier in BIOS, but the Asus A7V (and other Athlon motherboards) only allows FSB in BIOS, not multiplier settings.

let's hope that you have an improved model w/ sound, or one w/o sound, as the multipliers appear to be adjusted via dip switches, and the fsb in the bios. you might be stuck w/ dip switches- you might have to raise the fsb up, in order to squeeze more speed out of your system.

:arrow: :!: :?: :!: again, can you list your system specs w/ stock/ original cpu speed?!?

NOTE: if you have the latest version A7V133-C, then you can do both 100, and 133mhz fsb- be certain what version you have!!

http://www.asus.com/mb/socketa/a7v133-c/overview.htm
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Milo_Yambag » Mon Jun 17, 2002 5:42 am

the CPU is a factory unlocked 1.3 T-bird 200MHz FSB running at stock speed. The board is the plain A7V133 without sound, rev 1.05., The highest multiplier i can get is 13 either from the bios or jumpers. I know i can lower the multiplier and raise the FSB but i would rather not go that route. Is there no other way to adjust this?
Milo_Yambag
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

clock settings

Postby Razorwindmo » Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:14 am

I have an A7V133 with a 1ghz Thunderbird running at 133mhz fsb. I could never get it that high till I uped my bios to 1009. I used the latest release of Asus bios update from their website. After the install the bios auotmatically adjusted to this freq.
There are no problems except the temp runs a bit hot. I need to add a couple more fans.
129F - 54C
Razorwindmo
Initiate
Initiate

Return to Overclockers Anonymous