Another reason to upgrade to SP2

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Another reason to upgrade to SP2

Postby Oylpann » Mon Mar 28, 2005 2:42 pm

Saw this linked from the Internet Storm Center site today.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889323/
"You cant hug your family with Nuclear Arms"

Asus F2A85-V Pro
AMD A10-5800K APU @ 4.5GHz
8GB G. Skill 1866
550w PSU
Hyper 212 Evo
Oylpann
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree
 
Posts: 3844
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:42 pm
Location: Oklahoma City, OK

Re: Another reason to upgrade to SP2

Postby snap355 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:17 pm

Oylpann wrote:Saw this linked from the Internet Storm Center site today.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889323/


Yea, time to try out who doesn't have sp2... j/k :lol:
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html] Lend a hand and help with the folding project. Come join our 33258 team!

Image
[/url]
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree
 
Posts: 9258
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:22 pm
Location: 33258

Postby evasive » Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:50 pm

LOL. So many bugs it's becoming ridiculous...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
********************************
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master
 
Posts: 37389
Joined: Sun May 06, 2001 12:01 am
Location: Netherlands

Postby ThEvil0nE » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:17 am

evasive wrote:LOL. So many bugs it's becoming ridiculous...


I thought it's just normal for XP to be synonimous with ridiculous :lol:
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree
 
Posts: 3937
Joined: Mon May 06, 2002 12:01 am
Location: New York

Postby Copper » Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:31 am

evasive wrote:LOL. So many bugs it's becoming ridiculous...


miscrosoft=ridiculous
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree
 
Posts: 8640
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Postby snakebite66 » Fri Apr 01, 2005 1:54 pm

Well I would sure hate to go back to the days of windows 98...

XP is not all bad, it might treat us like kids sometimes but at least it can be configured and in it's raw state has opened up computing to a wider audience....
"Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterwards in water."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
snakebite66
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:18 pm
Location: West Midlands UK

Postby evasive » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:00 pm

snakebite66 wrote:Well I would sure hate to go back to the days of windows 98...

XP is not all bad, it might treat us like kids sometimes but at least it can be configured and in it's raw state has opened up computing to a wider audience....


wider audience, you mean scipt kiddies can watch your PC too now :lol:
We hate rut, but we fear change.
********************************
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master
 
Posts: 37389
Joined: Sun May 06, 2001 12:01 am
Location: Netherlands

Postby snakebite66 » Sat Apr 02, 2005 2:45 pm

evasive wrote:
snakebite66 wrote:Well I would sure hate to go back to the days of windows 98...

XP is not all bad, it might treat us like kids sometimes but at least it can be configured and in it's raw state has opened up computing to a wider audience....


wider audience, you mean scipt kiddies can watch your PC too now :lol:


not quite what I meant, but I get your drift :lol: :lol:
"Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterwards in water."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
snakebite66
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree
 
Posts: 2098
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2002 5:18 pm
Location: West Midlands UK

Postby kltsin » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:24 pm

snakebite66 wrote:
evasive wrote:
snakebite66 wrote:Well I would sure hate to go back to the days of windows 98...

XP is not all bad, it might treat us like kids sometimes but at least it can be configured and in it's raw state has opened up computing to a wider audience....


wider audience, you mean scipt kiddies can watch your PC too now :lol:


not quite what I meant, but I get your drift :lol: :lol:


XP is much more dangerous to an infected pc more than it was back in win 98 days as it affects users globally.

Win 98 couldnt provide a DnS attack since it was incapable of it and the lack of broadband.

Whats more funny is that when you upgarde to sp2 it includes a scanner for malicouse products that do a DnS attack to MS's site and nothing more.
A few more lines of code and it could fix other issues but only tries to fix the viruss that personally attack ms's web site and not the users pc.
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree
 
Posts: 2792
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:05 am
Location: St. Augustine, Fl


Return to Virus/Spyware/Security

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest