The Mother Board

Motherboards.org forums. Free tech support, motherboard ID, and more.
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: error gaurd
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:51 pm 
Offline
Black Belt
Black Belt

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:18 pm
Posts: 859
Location: look in you closet
has any one heard of this i was surfing on line and this poped up i was useing firefox
http://www.errorguard.com/search-ie.html
seeing that it was from firefox i downloaded it and running it now will update this post when done

_________________
K8n-NEO2 platium,AwardBIOS v6.00PG,AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+ Socket 939,ati radeon 9800 xt 256 agp ,windows XP w/service pack 2,2 G`s ram ddr 3200,running dual monitors


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:59 pm 
Offline
Black Belt
Black Belt

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:18 pm
Posts: 859
Location: look in you closet
it found 207 threats on my puter this is after i ran spy bot and ad ware se but you have to pay to get rid of them hehehehe they foold me it not from firefox so i wonder how it got passed the popup blocker ?????????? :roll:

_________________
K8n-NEO2 platium,AwardBIOS v6.00PG,AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+ Socket 939,ati radeon 9800 xt 256 agp ,windows XP w/service pack 2,2 G`s ram ddr 3200,running dual monitors


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:08 am 
Offline
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2004 9:05 am
Posts: 2792
Location: St. Augustine, Fl
knotman wrote:
it found 207 threats on my puter this is after i ran spy bot and ad ware se but you have to pay to get rid of them hehehehe they foold me it not from firefox so i wonder how it got passed the popup blocker ?????????? :roll:


Thats because it has nothing to do with security, it is a registry checker. Registry mechanic and other programs do the same thing, probably better.
considering it probably popped up via a java applet I wouldnt have trusted it in the first place,


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:29 am 
In broad general terms, you should never download any "products" that come from popups. Ive seen millions of these things ranging from Windows Tuning tools to crapware catchers and its all too dangerous. Have a look at our links Sticky for some ver good and very safe products. Also, its worth trying Microsofts new tool, which although is still in BETA works very well.


Top
  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:54 am 
Offline
Black Belt
Black Belt

Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2003 9:18 pm
Posts: 859
Location: look in you closet
EmilyB wrote:
In broad general terms, you should never download any "products" that come from popups. Ive seen millions of these things ranging from Windows Tuning tools to crapware catchers and its all too dangerous. Have a look at our links Sticky for some ver good and very safe products. Also, its worth trying Microsofts new tool, which although is still in BETA works very well.

i looked at that but it`s not for windows ME

_________________
K8n-NEO2 platium,AwardBIOS v6.00PG,AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+ Socket 939,ati radeon 9800 xt 256 agp ,windows XP w/service pack 2,2 G`s ram ddr 3200,running dual monitors


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:56 am 
knotman wrote:
EmilyB wrote:
In broad general terms, you should never download any "products" that come from popups. Ive seen millions of these things ranging from Windows Tuning tools to crapware catchers and its all too dangerous. Have a look at our links Sticky for some ver good and very safe products. Also, its worth trying Microsofts new tool, which although is still in BETA works very well.

i looked at that but it`s not for windows ME


Yes thats true, the Microsoft thing is only Windows2000 and above.


Top
  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group