error gaurd

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

error gaurd

Postby knotman » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:51 pm

has any one heard of this i was surfing on line and this poped up i was useing firefox
http://www.errorguard.com/search-ie.html
seeing that it was from firefox i downloaded it and running it now will update this post when done
K8n-NEO2 platium,AwardBIOS v6.00PG,AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+ Socket 939,ati radeon 9800 xt 256 agp ,windows XP w/service pack 2,2 G`s ram ddr 3200,running dual monitors
knotman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby knotman » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:59 pm

it found 207 threats on my puter this is after i ran spy bot and ad ware se but you have to pay to get rid of them hehehehe they foold me it not from firefox so i wonder how it got passed the popup blocker ?????????? :roll:
K8n-NEO2 platium,AwardBIOS v6.00PG,AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 4000+ Socket 939,ati radeon 9800 xt 256 agp ,windows XP w/service pack 2,2 G`s ram ddr 3200,running dual monitors
knotman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby kltsin » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:08 am

knotman wrote:it found 207 threats on my puter this is after i ran spy bot and ad ware se but you have to pay to get rid of them hehehehe they foold me it not from firefox so i wonder how it got passed the popup blocker ?????????? :roll:

Thats because it has nothing to do with security, it is a registry checker. Registry mechanic and other programs do the same thing, probably better.
considering it probably popped up via a java applet I wouldnt have trusted it in the first place,
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby EmilyB » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:29 am

In broad general terms, you should never download any "products" that come from popups. Ive seen millions of these things ranging from Windows Tuning tools to crapware catchers and its all too dangerous. Have a look at our links Sticky for some ver good and very safe products. Also, its worth trying Microsofts new tool, which although is still in BETA works very well.
EmilyB

Postby knotman » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:54 am

EmilyB wrote:In broad general terms, you should never download any "products" that come from popups. Ive seen millions of these things ranging from Windows Tuning tools to crapware catchers and its all too dangerous. Have a look at our links Sticky for some ver good and very safe products. Also, its worth trying Microsofts new tool, which although is still in BETA works very well.

i looked at that but it`s not for windows ME
knotman
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby EmilyB » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:56 am

knotman wrote:
EmilyB wrote:In broad general terms, you should never download any "products" that come from popups. Ive seen millions of these things ranging from Windows Tuning tools to crapware catchers and its all too dangerous. Have a look at our links Sticky for some ver good and very safe products. Also, its worth trying Microsofts new tool, which although is still in BETA works very well.

i looked at that but it`s not for windows ME

Yes thats true, the Microsoft thing is only Windows2000 and above.
EmilyB

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security