AVG 7.0 Anti Virus

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby don'tknowmuch » Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:07 am

If your willing to pay for an excellent antivirus then I recommend NOD32, we use it at the shop exclusively. Been experimenting for over a year with all antivirus software and NOD32 beats them all hands down.
Free trial here:
http://www.nod32.com/download/trial.htm
don'tknowmuch
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby kltsin » Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:24 am

don'tknowmuch wrote:If your willing to pay for an excellent antivirus then I recommend NOD32, we use it at the shop exclusively. Been experimenting for over a year with all antivirus software and NOD32 beats them all hands down.
Free trial here:

I agree thats up there with klaspersky
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby tedybear » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:45 pm

For the home user who is like myself-CHEAP! AVG is probably one of the best programs on the market. It does have fairly quick updates and it scans quickly, offers options on what to do if it finds something..and it's not a "resource HOG" that some other programs seem to be. The email scanner runs very flawless in the backround, and is rather 'snappy' and quick.

I'll give it 2 thumbs way up, for ease of use...and painless installation and operation.

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Toby B. » Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:54 pm

tedybear wrote:For the home user who is like myself-CHEAP! AVG is probably one of the best programs on the market. It does have fairly quick updates and it scans quickly, offers options on what to do if it finds something..and it's not a "resource HOG" that some other programs seem to be. The email scanner runs very flawless in the backround, and is rather 'snappy' and quick.

I'll give it 2 thumbs way up, for ease of use...and painless installation and operation.

S-
Agreed!!! I have AVG (Free version) running on 3 machines right now. Two of my own and my mom's system...
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 12:40 am

don'tknowmuch wrote:If your willing to pay for an excellent antivirus then I recommend NOD32, we use it at the shop exclusively. Been experimenting for over a year with all antivirus software and NOD32 beats them all hands down.
Free trial here:

Any problems deleting it if needed. Anything like NAV?

Thanks...............
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Ryn » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:15 am

i'm having a problem with AVG right now coz it doesn't download updates directly to the net. i have to download the update file manually
Ryn
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby snap355 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:19 am

That's because it's the free subscription. If you look at the pro version, it mentions that you are automatically guaranteed a dedicated fast dl server. If you wait a while, eventually you'll get the updates
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html] Lend a hand and help with the folding project. Come join our 33258 team!

[/url]
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Ryn » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:24 am

snap355 wrote:That's because it's the free subscription. If you look at the pro version, it mentions that you are automatically guaranteed a dedicated fast dl server. If you wait a while, eventually you'll get the updates

i finally found the answer. their server is down right now, i went to their forums and lots of users are truly disappointed.
Ryn
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby kltsin » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:09 pm

Ryn wrote:
snap355 wrote:That's because it's the free subscription. If you look at the pro version, it mentions that you are automatically guaranteed a dedicated fast dl server. If you wait a while, eventually you'll get the updates

i finally found the answer. their server is down right now, i went to their forums and lots of users are truly disappointed.

Wondering if there server is under a DoS attack? alot of of sites like them get that alot...
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby evasive » Sun Jan 30, 2005 12:59 am

I was able to retrieve a new update...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PreviousNext

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security