Tsunami.exe

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Tsunami.exe

Postby Oylpann » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:56 pm

From the Internet Storm Center ( http://isc.sans.org/ ):

Tsunami.exe

A piece of malicious code is making the rounds of the Internet masquerading as a Tsunami relief donation request. While not really surprising I find this is somewhat of a new low even for the writers of malware. Words like despicable, shameful, contemptible, pathetic, and feeble come to mind. I had to check a thesaurus for printable comments, can you tell? Filter attachments at your perimeter in organizations, use up-to-date anti-virus, and as users do not open attachments.

I have to agree with the guy. It is pretty sad that they would stoop this low.. :roll:
"You cant hug your family with Nuclear Arms"

Asus F2A85-V Pro
AMD A10-5800K APU @ 4.5GHz
8GB G. Skill 1866
550w PSU
Hyper 212 Evo
Oylpann
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby gutt3d » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:33 am

Wow. That really is pretty sick :( These guys need to be educated. Possibly by being held underwater and beaten by bits of wood, bits of metal, trees, cars, houses etc. Then they might have some sort of respect for the survivors of the tsunami. Though I guess these guys don't have much concept of the word "respect".

Surely there's got to be ways to track these guys down? Technology is getting more advanced by the day - you'd think it should be possible to find a squash the guys who make malware, virsu, spam etc. Sigh.
gutt3d
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Ghen » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:06 am

There's always someone in this world that is willing to go all the way. I'm not suprised.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby snap355 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:08 am

Poor judgement. Hope they catch this one
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html] Lend a hand and help with the folding project. Come join our 33258 team!

[/url]
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security