Yahoo E-mail - IP Address

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Yahoo E-mail - IP Address

Postby John-K » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:39 pm

I was about to sign up for the free Yahoo e-mail service -- can't beat 250 MB! -- so I went aheand and read the Privacy Policy. It said that it logs my IP Address. 8O Is there a way I can prevent this logging event from happening?
John-K
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Re: Yahoo E-mail - IP Address

Postby kltsin » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:56 am

John-K wrote:I was about to sign up for the free Yahoo e-mail service -- can't beat 250 MB! -- so I went aheand and read the Privacy Policy. It said that it logs my IP Address. 8O Is there a way I can prevent this logging event from happening?

Every site logs IP's when under a secure connection.
In fact every site you connect to knows your IP address, that way they know where to upload the data to after a request from your browser.

Its harmless.
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Re: Yahoo E-mail - IP Address

Postby MoboCop » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:47 am

John-K wrote:I was about to sign up for the free Yahoo e-mail service -- can't beat 250 MB! -- so I went aheand and read the Privacy Policy. It said that it logs my IP Address. 8O Is there a way I can prevent this logging event from happening?

You can beat 250mb. Google offers 1000MB of free space. If you want a google account I can send you an invite.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security