sahagent

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

sahagent

Postby zoofer » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:02 am

greetings all. looks like i've got a virus, no ill affects that i can tell yet. but my anti vir is going nuts. i keep it updated. so far i've turned off system restore, started up in safe mode and temporarily turned off page file. when i run antivir in safe mode it says that it can't delete the file: bds/sahagent.a it says that it is locked. so i figured heck i'll delete it manualy but i can't find it when i search for it. i'm runnning windows xp thats up to date, antivir and spybot all up to date. thanks for any input.
zoofer

Postby Hardware Junkie » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:35 am

Usually you can find this one in the system32 folder, but there are probably tons of other bits and pieces on your system by now.

I would run 3 programs to start:

Adaware
Spybot Search And Destroy
Spy Sweeper

Infact I recommend that you purchase spy sweeper because it does real time scanning. The 30 day trial is fully functional, however, and you can remove alot of stuff in the mean time using it.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Copper » Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:59 am

Hardware Junkie wrote:Usually you can find this one in the system32 folder, but there are probably tons of other bits and pieces on your system by now.

I would run 3 programs to start:

Adaware
Spybot Search And Destroy
Spy Sweeper

Infact I recommend that you purchase spy sweeper because it does real time scanning. The 30 day trial is fully functional, however, and you can remove alot of stuff in the mean time using it.

and its prevents your browers being hijacked and a prevents any unwanted programs being installed , well worth the money
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby sloopdog 1 » Sun Jan 09, 2005 1:45 pm

I ran the spysweeper test.(never used it before)It said my system was clean. :D Guess it wirks ok then.

let us know how you do , zoofer.
No keyboard detected-Press any key to continue.
sloopdog 1
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby kltsin » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:26 pm

Hows it going, did you get it fixed?

Here are manual removal instructions

http://www.pestpatrol.com/pestinfo/s/sahagent.asp

If you have issues connecting to the internet afterward which is quite possible thus can be easily fixed, just post here and keep us informed if you are clean or not..

I would also delete all Temp files, boot in safe mode , (tap F8 before windows boots)

Empty internet cache first,
Open windows explorer,
( make sure it is set to show hidden files and unhide windows files, hit Tools> Folder Options> View Tab)(one needs to be unchecked the other needs to be checked, hit okay)

Clear all the users temp files and folders in c:\documents and settings\ Your USER name\local settings\temp
c:\temp
c:\windows\temp
c:\windows\downloaded programs
c:\windows\prefetch
Make sure you get each one, clear all files and folders

Empty recycle bin
Reboot
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security