AVG Anti-Virus

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby c327 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:10 am

PolarMan wrote:I switched to AVG from Norton a while back........... good stuff, it managed to pick up some trojans that Norton didn't. Plus, it's less hungry on resources too. :)

Some others that I like are NOD32 and Avast

The computer I am currently using has ME installed and AVG 7.0.300, It normally had NAV. Since installing AVG I notice that my initial system resources is the same as NAV was with minimal start-up items running. I did notice that Outlook Express functions quicker with AVG, but since it's only been installed for a few days now I don't know if it's working as well as NAV. What I do seem to like about AVG is how well it works for a free utility and it apparently does not put it's claws into the registry like NAV does, or did.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby c327 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:13 am

Davek804 wrote:About to try AVG for the first time, been running without Spyware/Virus shiz for a few months now.

Shame shame, you bad...............
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Previous

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security