trojan war

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby bubbatech » Sat Jan 01, 2005 2:13 pm

time is up this unit has gone back in service or field testing. the users need her chat rooms and his games. it may be back for more i do know about an unresolved issue (16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem: config.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Application) hopfully i can get it back to fix this. but the trojans seem to have been removed so we have won.
bubbatech
Initiate
Initiate

Postby kltsin » Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:33 pm

bubbatech wrote:time is up this unit has gone back in service or field testing. the users need her chat rooms and his games. it may be back for more i do know about an unresolved issue (16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem: config.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows Application) hopfully i can get it back to fix this. but the trojans seem to have been removed so we have won.

that error "16 bit....." is an easy fix/or answer, it mainly has to deal with using older Dos programs and having the config.nt file in what ever place it needs to be.

Goto MS's website they have info on how to make sure its where its supposed to be , generally config.nt should be in either c:\windows\system32 or the root folder c:\
they basically tell you to replace it and put it where it belongs (both folders cant hurt).
In my experience its just a incompatible old program that wont work no matter what you do or run in any mode(such as running in win98 compatiblity)

MS's site can help with this.

Any who good job on the removal, and sorry it took so long.
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby evasive » Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:27 pm

kltsin wrote:Any who good job on the removal, and sorry it took so long.

most removals do take some time, especially with the stuff you got on that machine, pretty nasty critters there...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security