Firefox and Explorer not loading pages - Error message...

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Firefox and Explorer not loading pages - Error message...

Postby dpnaugle » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:08 pm

A couple fo strange things happened yesterday.

First, AVG spontaneously started warning that my bookmarked JustinTV link was malicious, and warned me not to view the page. I ignored the warning logged on as I have done thousands of times. This warning came up every time there after for JustinTV, but I worked around it.l

Second, after last nights Windows update I woke up to both my Firefox and Explorer browsers are not loading pages. 50% of the time neither browser can find the server, and has to be refreshed several times to load any page. This Error message just popped up a minute ago while I was refreshing a page.

JSON: Error: Deferred Cancelled: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIXMLHttpRequest.send]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: http://o.aolcdn.com/dojo/1.3.1/dojo/dojo.xd.js :: anonymous :: line 16" data: no]

Something funny is going on. Any advice?

Don
Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6,
Intel E8500 @ 3.16GHz-Hyper TX2,
Corsair 4x1G-XMS2 @ 4-4-4-12,
XFX 8800 GTS 512,
WD 500GB, Plextor 712A,
Win 7 64 Pro, NeoPower Blue 650
Dell 2001FP 20.1 LCD
dpnaugle
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:47 am

Time to do a malware scan with AdAware and HijackThis. The failure of your browsers to open Web pages now may be due to a virus or Trojan.
Likely the site was "hit" and you are getting tattle or tracking cookies to unsavory sites. Noted from a Google search that justintv.com/ is up for sale. Other links report the site has unfiltered "public" input of clips and video. But no telling what other data may be riding on those bits!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby lannaheim » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:50 am

www.malwarebytes.org has a good free program, too. Best of all is spyware doctor, which I pay for, but it's excellent; however, Karlswldt is right, too. You've got a hijacker, probably. Worst case scenario, you have to reformat.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
--- Groucho Marx

A member of Folding Team number 33258 for a cure for PARKINSONS DISEASE
lannaheim
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security