Keyloggers?

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Keyloggers?

Postby oneof5 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:21 am

I hope I am in the right forum. I have a feeling someone has dowloaded a keylogger on my computer or some program that is running in stealth to acquire my passwords. When I say someone I mean one or both of my teenage boys. My password has been acquired every time I change it, to gain access to my time restriction program, (k-9) to change the time, computer administrator to change the computer time, Pctattle tale running in stealth mode, to stop the monitoring, etc. How can I find this program on my computer?
oneof5
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:23 pm

Sounds bad, but should be an easy fix.
AdAware is free from www.lavasoft.com/ . Then there is Hijack This from www.merijn.org/files/hijackthis.zip which is a powerful "fixer". If unsure of how to use Hijack This, post a log in this sector for experienced members to peruse and make recommendations.

Yes, 'keyloggers' can be installed without your knowledge.. or that they are there. Just a tiny program, which copies specific info to a hidden file generated by the hacker. Commonly used by parents for monitoring the Web activities of their children. Not normally found for uninstall from the noted System icon. Requires a manual search for specifics. Two can play that game, unfortunately!
Just hope that the info isn't being passed out on the Web for all to see!!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Spark » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:55 pm

Oh a kiddie thingy.... Simple fix here... Don't let them use your PC.
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security