Questionable email

Help and Discussion

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Questionable email

Postby hunter1801 » Thu May 15, 2008 1:47 pm

So I got an email today from Paypal:

"Dear PayPal ® customer,

We recently reviewed your account, and we suspect an unauthorized transaction on your account.
Protecting your account is our primary concern. As a preventive measure we have temporary limited your access to sensitive information.
Paypal features.To ensure that your account is not compromised, simply hit "Resolution Center" to confirm your identity as member of Paypal.

* Login to your Paypal with your Paypal username and password.
* Confirm your identity as a card member of Paypal.

Please confirm account information by clicking here Resolution Center and complete the "Steps to Remove Limitations."

*Please do not reply to this message. Mail sent to this address cannot be answered.

Copyright © 1999-2008 PayPal. All rights reserved."

I don't want to click the link to Resolution Center until I know I should. The email it was sent from was: support@intl.paypal.com
I logged into my account and there has been no activity since November, so I don't know how they would find a "unauthorized transaction"
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Wolfy1220 » Thu May 15, 2008 4:54 pm

DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK

It is a ploy to get you go to to a site that looks just like paypal and have you fill out your personal info. Then that info is either used or sold to the first highest bidder and used against you to purchase a new pool table, get a new credit card, buy an rv, etc. all in your name.
MOBO ------ ASUS A8M2N-LA
CPU -------- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor
Chipset ---- Geforce 6150 LE
RAM ------- 2GB DDR2 PC2 5300 Dual Channel
HDD1 ------ Seagate 320GB SATA
HDD2 ------ WD 160GB PATA
Video ------ NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Onboard :(
Display ---- ViewSonic VA2026w 1680 x 1050
Wolfy1220
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Virus/Spyware/Security