Hmm, I may struggle as an independant PC repair/builder...

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Hmm, I may struggle as an independant PC repair/builder...

Postby Flyin » Thu May 30, 2002 1:40 pm

I am on a MISSION! A mission to save the public from wasting their precious hard earned dollars on brand named bundles only to get at least 2 cheap components! I can show them the light! I will build their PC's, I will show them how to improve their silly brand name computers!

See, my dear sweet mommy bought the family a $3500 Sony Vaio computer package back in '97 when she was flat broke(just got divorced and in retrospect is was quite foolish, but sweet nonetheless), simply because I had wanted a computer for the LONGEST time. Ironically enough, I'm still using that Pentium 1 200 mhz, with 32 MB of (actually really effective and long lasting) sdram. It also has an antique 4MB ATI All in Wonder card, and the motherboard supports the once pioneering USB ports on the back of the computer and the monitor as well! It even has an AV and S-Video line in on the front of the case, how pioneeresque is that? It can't utilize the technology for poop since it was brand new, but the fact that it's still running after all that thrashing from too little RAM behind a cable modem earns my respect. Ok, The reason she got it is because those communists told her it would be more than she'd ever need for a long time to come. Well, 3 months after she bought it, prices were changing drastically along with technology, and so on and so on. The only thing she new was what Gateway(lol) and Sony and perhaps Hewlett Packard told her over the phone. It was quite funny, because each company would backstab another. Gateway would always say that the Sony wasn't good because it vibrated really loud. I still laugh. Anywho, that's my PC testimony :wink:

I've spent ours upon hours at sites since I joined this place(january i believe), and I've yet to learn a damn thing about Intel. Come to think of it, it's probably my fault for not even bothering with this sites Intel line up reviews... I appologize for wasting your time, unless my post somehow entertained you :P I guess I'll stop feeling sorry for myself and read?
Flyin
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Flyin » Thu May 30, 2002 1:41 pm

AAHHHHH!!! I HAVE 2 CHIPS!! WEEEEEEEEEE
Flyin
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Tolemac » Thu May 30, 2002 2:29 pm

Good for you on the two chips. :wink:

If you are even remotely serious about building PCs for people, READ EVERYTHING!!! 8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby useless comment » Thu May 30, 2002 2:49 pm

That reminds me, I was flipping around tv last night and came across something on TBS. It was some video game review show - Dave and Steve something or other. They were babbling about something and then they brought up the idea of companies sending them equipment to test and review the games with.

Paraphrasing: "So all you high end system makers like Dell, Compaq (I think I heard Alienware too), send us your top of line gaming computers for reviewing on our show..."

Now I know that not everyone can build a hot rod, but they should know better than that.

BTW These reviewer guys are seriously retarded, I don't quite know how they got the sponsorship that they did.
useless comment
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Flyin » Thu May 30, 2002 3:11 pm

Eww, the thought of such a lack of tech competence scares me. Especially if their show is tech oriented. :oops:
Flyin
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby paramufay » Fri May 31, 2002 2:14 pm

No matter what else happens....you will never win the computer war. the next generation of technology is already here....just waiting for the right time to be released.

Even if you started your own pc company and built the best PC with the latest technology it would be obsolete in a month or two. Its a never ending no win situation.
paramufay
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to The Water Cooler