What'd I buy?

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Myth » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:19 pm

Scotty! You little poop head! I told you I had a pair of those I would sell to ya. We have a TON of swords left over from the ren fest we were involved in this last summer. My husband bought be the Riddick knives for my b-day. I was willing to sell them so I could get something bigger.

Let me see if I can find where he's put them.....

I can't find them at the moment. He had them displayed in our bedroom until one of the kids thought they were a toy. I'm not sure if they're burried in his office or under our bed (with the rest of the swords).

Ours are all black except for the VERY sharp edge - that's silver. The box they came in looks exactly like the one you have.

Just so you all don't start asking.... I'm not selling them to anyone else. When we do start selling off our stock we'll be putting them up on e-bay. Who needs 50+ swords and axes anyway??? Our display wall already has at least 20 items on it.
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby profofpcs » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:26 pm

myth, i am very interested in seeing your stock lol

i'd love to have some wall ornaments, and swords are some of my fav things. at least post me some links to the auctions :D

depression is just anger without the enthusiasm
anger is just danger without the "d"
profofpcs
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Hardware Junkie » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:53 pm

So Myth is becoming the forum arms dealer...i see...
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Sabrewings » Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:09 am

Myth, I'm so sorry. I forgot we had talked about those. I was there in the dealer room, saw them and the low low price and decided to jump on it. These things can go for $80 online.

At least now you can sell them to someone else full price instead of that gracious discount I'm sure you were gonna give me. :lol:
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:29 am

Myth, if you hear a knock on the door at a strange hour, and see men in black trench coats outside, the Feds have seen your post! PDT_Armataz_01_06 PDT_Armataz_01_25 PDT_Armataz_01_02
Hopefully, you will be regarded as a "hobby" collector, and not a wanna-be terrorist!
Shame that with the current state of International affairs, the most honest of persons can be subjected to all sorts of suspicions by the law enforcement bodies. Our intentions are honest, but we are "guilty until proven innocent". :x
I too have a "dangerous weapon".. an old Ruby laser tube from a photocopier. I mounted it in an old plastic drill housing (large!), and it is fed from a 16 volt source (10 AAA batteries). It can project a 6" red spot up to a 1/2 mile away!
What good is it? Excellent for marking a line along a property border.. just ensure you are not pointing it at someone's face!!!
Wish I had it with me on several occasions, when a nut job on the highway shines a laser pointer into my vehicle. I could pull this one out, and "wipe" him!!! :twisted: My laser is bigger than your phaser, Captain Kirk!! Guaranteed, I will never shine it at any aircraft.. or a Space Station! The moon, maybe? 8O :lol: :lol: Why is the moon 'blushing'?
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DAVE1 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:00 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:Myth, if you hear a knock on the door at a strange hour, and see men in black trench coats outside, the Feds have seen your post! PDT_Armataz_01_06 PDT_Armataz_01_25 PDT_Armataz_01_02
Hopefully, you will be regarded as a "hobby" collector, and not a wanna-be terrorist!
Shame that with the current state of International affairs, the most honest of persons can be subjected to all sorts of suspicions by the law enforcement bodies. Our intentions are honest, but we are "guilty until proven innocent". :x
I too have a "dangerous weapon".. an old Ruby laser tube from a photocopier. I mounted it in an old plastic drill housing (large!), and it is fed from a 16 volt source (10 AAA batteries). It can project a 6" red spot up to a 1/2 mile away!
What good is it? Excellent for marking a line along a property border.. just ensure you are not pointing it at someone's face!!!
Wish I had it with me on several occasions, when a nut job on the highway shines a laser pointer into my vehicle. I could pull this one out, and "wipe" him!!! :twisted: My laser is bigger than your phaser, Captain Kirk!! Guaranteed, I will never shine it at any aircraft.. or a Space Station! The moon, maybe? 8O :lol: :lol: Why is the moon 'blushing'?

Most laser pointers, atleast here in CT are illegal becuase there have been cases where they are shined at police officers who have then thought they were gun sites and fired on those people...so be careful.
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Pernundel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:09 pm

Myth wrote:Scotty! You little poop head! I told you I had a pair of those I would sell to ya. We have a TON of swords left over from the ren fest we were involved in this last summer. My husband bought be the Riddick knives for my b-day. I was willing to sell them so I could get something bigger.

Let me see if I can find where he's put them.....

I can't find them at the moment. He had them displayed in our bedroom until one of the kids thought they were a toy. I'm not sure if they're burried in his office or under our bed (with the rest of the swords).

Ours are all black except for the VERY sharp edge - that's silver. The box they came in looks exactly like the one you have.

Just so you all don't start asking.... I'm not selling them to anyone else. When we do start selling off our stock we'll be putting them up on e-bay. Who needs 50+ swords and axes anyway??? Our display wall already has at least 20 items on it.

Myth-----the next "Lord of War" :lol:
Pernundel
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby tedybear » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:13 pm

Myth wrote:Scotty! You little poop head!

You have to admit! She's very cute when her anger is up!

(Just kidding....I have'nt heard the expression "poop head" in a longgggg time)

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:12 am

Mirrors and some glass and shiny metal surfaces are excellent reflectors for a laser beam.. so be careful where it is pointed!
Yet it is a fascinating "toy" to use with a cat or dog.. shine it on the floor and they will chase it. Cute! Never look at a laser beam.. it can cause instant permanent blindness! The laser equipment used by surveyors is infra-red.. and is scope-sighted prior to being activated on its intended target! There are some models which are accurate in distance measurements at +/- one inch at 1,000 feet.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby MrCraigCraig » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:37 am

Who needs 50+ swords and axes anyway???

Ummm... a good theatre or film production company? 8)

A rennaisance fair vendor?
A costume supplier for a Masquerade Ball?

An avid collector with large sums of disposable cash?

A sword can be a statement of fashion or at least a good accessory, and every person should have plenty of available options when they're ready to show off and accessorize their fashions. Be well dressed for any occasion! :wink:

It's not about need, it's about your right to keep and bear arms. 8)
I tried using a "Point of View Gun", but my aim was lousy. ;-)

ASUS K8N, AMD Sempron 3100+(1.8ghz), 1gb RAM, eVGA 5500FX 256mb AGP, two WD120gb SATA drives in RAID 0 (striping), 450w power supply.

Fold well, so that others may prosper.
MrCraigCraig
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler