fun on the hwy

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

fun on the hwy

Postby datektrader21 » Wed May 29, 2002 2:44 am

alrite :!: i made back from Santa Monica with only one ticket. yippee :!: unfortunately the officer confiscated my license, something about a FTA [failure to appear] on another ticket. ya don't say what a shocker i had no idea Mr. officer please show mercy as you take another 500 bucks outa my wallet. honest i had no idea 90 was not the speed limit, outa date tags no way i was sure i got the car smogged and paid the dmv, driving on a suspended license ME never, again i have no idea what your talking about, what bend over for a cavity search... OK that didn't happen but the rest did and now i must pay more money to the state of California oh joyImage
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tolemac » Wed May 29, 2002 4:04 am

Back in my younger and much wilder days, I got taken to the local lockup 3 times for FTA. First time, the ticket/bench warrant was 2 years old! I get up before the judge and he says "Hope we haven't disturbed you". :roll:

Only time I've ever been on the wrong side of the gray bars. Never there longer than a few hours thank all the gods! To quote Mr. Horse of Ren and Stimpy fame: "No sir, didn't like it." 8O
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby MoboCop » Wed May 29, 2002 8:57 am

datek where in LA are you located?

and you need to keep your eyes peeled better.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby datektrader21 » Wed May 29, 2002 9:48 am

when its 4 am your eyes start to close on there own.Image im about an hour outside of LA[56miles to be exact] of course that's when your doing the speed limit if in a hurry it can be done in 20 or less depending on the car and traffic. now i have about 3 points on my license which in my family is like having a perfect record. you take my brother who at the highpoint of his driving had 40 points accumulated i guess thats what happens when you get a 98 trans am at 17. t tops rule. of course that's the car i am referring to when i say going to LA can be done in 20 or less. man the stories i could tell about my brother.Image
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby MoboCop » Wed May 29, 2002 10:21 am

well I managed 90 this past weekend both ways from LA to Fresno and back. I travel up the 5 and 101 quite a bit each year and while I tend to go fast I have been lucky to avoid a ticket for quite a few years now.

I prefer convertible to a t-top.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby datektrader21 » Wed May 29, 2002 12:15 pm

Back in my younger and much wilder days, I got taken to the local lockup 3 times for FTA. First time, the ticket/bench warrant was 2 years old!

you must really miss those days when the dmv was not computerized :P
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to The Water Cooler