Poll: The best humankind advancement..

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

What is the most significan advancement to humankind?

electricity
53%
refrigeration
No votes
internal combustion engines
7%
housing construction methods
No votes
education
13%
computing
7%
heating/cooling systems
No votes
medical research
10%
other
10%

Total votes : 30

Postby DAVE1 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:43 pm

ThEvil0nE wrote:I guess advancements in water and sanitary disposal has not hit Long Island, NY still. I'm in no way close to drinking tap water in LI. :o

ya it has a nasty taste to it

my mom likes it though
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:15 pm

Gem wrote,
Is it too late to vote for silicon implants?

That would come under "other". In the not too far future, we will all possibly have silicone implants.. to communicate with! And be tracked!
Yes, there are other types of silicone implants.. they help to make a person more normal in appearance, after sustaining bodily injury, or for enhancing certain features!

As far as water is concerned, why do the French not drink just water, but mostly wine? Too much calcium in their water sources! Some areas of the world are susceptible to excess sulphur in their water supplies!
In island areas, potable water is scarce.. salty sea water is what supplies their drinking water, after filtering through the sand and soil. Still needs treatment to be considered "good".
Many homes have water softeners to enhance the quality of water, for bathing and clothes washing.. by adding sodium ions to the water. Reduces the hardness of the water, sure, but not great tasting or very healthy for you!

If ever in the desert areas, check the water before drinking.. if you find frogs or other life in it, it is safe to drink. If no life-forms in it, then it may be your last drink!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby EmilyB » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:33 pm

Gem wrote:Is it too late to vote for silicon implants? :wink:

You cant be serious!!! 8O

Just buy 2 soccer/football balls and stuff them up your sweater if you like that sort of thing.
EmilyB

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:47 am

I'm not against such "enhancements" to a person's body, but it is not the outward appearance that makes a person great. It is the soul and outlook of the person theirself which makes them 'beautiful'!
Sure, a stunning figure for a person will make them more attractive.. but on the surface only! Heredity is mainly responsible for how a person is "constructed". "Evolved" is the proper term.

We're still "on topic", but I think half the 'herd' has found a different 'pasture'! :lol: :lol:
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Copper » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:25 am

Gem wrote:Well M, actually I am, It's all about how they look. 8)

shallow very shallow
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Ghen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:00 pm

I love boob jobs for women who need them.. Though its not about the size for me but the shape. I'm one of the few people that think both Gwen Stephani and Pamela Anderson are totally hot. ;)
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Hardware Junkie » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:03 pm

Gonna stop this "silicon implant" thing before it goes further....
Lets move on with the topic at hand.

I am not gonna put anyone down for posting thier views on it because like it or not society has drivin many different views on the subject. Everyone has thier own personal likes and opinions.

Start another thread in the Hundred Year Forum if you wanna continue that subject. But keep it clean.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler