Some news from me...

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Mon Jan 03, 2005 5:40 pm

snap: you've got mail...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Oylpann » Mon Jan 03, 2005 7:19 pm

Sorry to hear that Snap. Im in the same boat unfortunately. Me and the wife have been together for 5 years and were getting everything finalized after income tax time and we get some bills taken care of. :cry:
"You cant hug your family with Nuclear Arms"

Asus F2A85-V Pro
AMD A10-5800K APU @ 4.5GHz
8GB G. Skill 1866
550w PSU
Hyper 212 Evo
Oylpann
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby CDBurner » Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:13 pm

I'm sorry to hear that as well, Snap, Rabidwerewolf, and Oylpann. :cry:
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby ssamurai26 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:08 pm

Wow, sorry to hear about this.
I don`t usually post in these kind of topics, but to be honest this kind of thing really scares me. I`m getting towards the marrying age(in my mind) and I just don`t know what I would do. I hope you have some good friends and family to lean on, and I`m glad you have this site as well.
"He o hitte shiri tsubome" - (There is no use scrunching up your buttocks after a fart)

Abit KN9 Ultra
AMD X2 3800
Corsair DDR2 2X2GB
HIS Radeon 4670 1GB
Intel SSD
150GB Raptor
1TB WD Green X3

(hooked up to new 100M FTTH line)
ssamurai26
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby snap355 » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:00 am

Oylpann wrote:Sorry to hear that Snap. Im in the same boat unfortunately. Me and the wife have been together for 5 years and were getting everything finalized after income tax time and we get some bills taken care of. :cry:

Sorry to hear that as well Oylpann. It's so stranged that I'm going through this. My friends and family keep telling to keep my head up, the short powerful pain in your heart will eventually go away and you have to trust that since time heal all wounds well most anyways and that there will be someone out there for you when you're ready. Those are good advice I have taken but I do get lots of dry/wet moments if you know what I mean. And for myself, it's also hard to deal with the finances, the splitting up of assets, etc... Luckily I do not have any kids yet and from what I hear about other people's divorces, it can get real nasty. So in a sense, I guess that I'm lucky if you want to call it that but no way is it easy for anyone to go through this.

As for Rabidwerewolf, I'm also sorry that you're going through this as well. It's VERY tough to go through this. Your time spent, wasted and what you both have built all comes down to a stopping halt. Everyone has to be divided.

Should one of you need to talk or anything else, just PM me or snap355@gmail.com - Good luck to you both and wish that it can happen as smoothly as it can.

As for the other members, thank you for your support through this. Although I may not post as much, I guess I'm lurking around to read some of the posts. It's helpful that you all cared enough to express your feelings towards me and I do appreciate that. Thanks for your support
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html] Lend a hand and help with the folding project. Come join our 33258 team!

[/url]
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Ghen » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:55 pm

Snap I know we talked about this before in PM's, but I just want to say again that my heart is with you and the Motherboards.org community will always stand by you. We can be a crutch or just a good laugh, anything you need we'll be here for you! (cept money I'm poor :lol: :roll: ) Seriously though take your time and work through the emotions. Every day you'll get a little better or a little worse, but overall you'll eventually break through. And when that happens I wish only the happiest for you! From the little I know of you you are definitely a good person. The world needs more good people.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby tedybear » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:28 pm

Snap...Anything I can do I'd be glad to... I'm also divorced myself (been so for 5 years now) The initial "walk-out" was crushing...but with the help of good friends, support...counseling when needed.. Trust that things will improve and you'll be better after all's said and done..and things have settled down.

You've got a good head on your shoulders...great sense of humor..and a unique way of looking at life. Take all the time you need to relax and deal with things... We'll be here if you need to vent/talk/anything at all.

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby mellowyellow » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:13 am

Snap, I' m a little late getting here but had to join those many others here who have wished you well. I, too, went through a divorce after eight years with a woman who was my girlfriend when I was in Vietnam. She was a great help for me after the war, and hung with me even though it changed me so radically that I was no longer the person I was when I left to go there. When eventually we divorced it was because I had finally realized I couldn't be who I was before no matter how hard I tried, but it left me feeling guilty and heartbroken. I was single for eight years after we split, and never expected to marry again. But, I celebrated my 22nd anniversary with my second wife in November of last year. My ex remarried, too, and had two children. We hurt for a good while, but Snap -- it does pass and there is still hope and happiness out there for you.
mellowyellow
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby snap355 » Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:53 am

Well I spoke with "her" again and she still wants to proceed. What I known is that it takes two to make it work but I haven't learned that until now. Sometimes I feel fine, ready to be single and explore the possibilities again. Other times, I feel a mixed bag of emotion that's not positive.

I guess how you netizens can help in one way is to offer suggestions on how do you escape when you're feeling blue?
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html] Lend a hand and help with the folding project. Come join our 33258 team!

[/url]
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby profofpcs » Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:21 am

www.blueshado.com (careful it has some non kidlike content ;) )

listen to the wav files there. and come here. dont turn to the bottle, stay away from drugs not prescribed by a doc, and most importantly, remember life does go on.

depression is just anger without the enthusiasm
anger is just danger without the "d"
profofpcs
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler