Forum etiquette

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby dr_st » Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:45 am

God, I hate this idiotic flash. It's remotely funny the first time, bloody annoying all the following ones.
dr_st
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Toasterman101 » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:07 pm

I've seen this b4 and its still so true! Thats mainly the reason I don't go on forums much anymore, the noobs have found where the rest of us have been hiding ourselves and have decided to move in.
Toastify!! well if u electrify something shouldnt u toastify bread?
Toasterman101
Initiate
Initiate

Postby EmilyB » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:46 am

:mb_rant::

When making posts, I simply wish people would give a meaningful "subject heading" :evil:

Posting:
- "Please help" anywhere
- "Tech help" in the Tech Support forum
- "Recommendations help" in the Recommendations forum
- "Overclocking help" in the Overclockers Anonymous forum
etc...

Does not help us help you at all!!!

Just this morning I went through my daily routine of thread reading, and it takes ages, due to the simple fact that whilst a small minority of UK members are sleeping the vast majority of USA members are posting, and every day my initial thread clear-up takes at least a couple of hours. During todays adventures I was faced with a sizeable number of these thoughtless posts and quite honestly I just ignored them.

Please help us to help you, that is all I ask.

:mb_rant::
EmilyB

Postby snakebite66 » Sat Jan 29, 2005 11:16 am

I wish that a little more tolerance be shown by some regulars to those who are new to us and post in the wrong forum often by mistake...

Some members immediately jump down their throats with highlighted larger font replies telling the person they have posted in the wrong forum, without a hint of tact or a friendly smile.

This does not encourage new members to keep posting here, indeed one such victim of this posted a reply I quote "I will not bother posting here again"

I have been on this forum from summer 2002 onwards and very rarely post an opinion of this nature, I am not interested in a PM from people concerned or further comment, This is a one off post of this nature from me ...

So please have a little more tact and respect for those who are new or simply make a mistake, we know the layout of the forum and the etiquette, many do not, and sharp unhelpful replies just put people off.....

We are here to share knowledge and help people, just because someone posts in a wrong forum is not cause for major panick, and something for monitors to handle if their is a plain mis use by a regular user.

Snakebite66
"Take counsel in wine, but resolve afterwards in water."
Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
snakebite66
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby ThEvil0nE » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:34 am

:lol:
Go Billy!!!
:lol:
Image Image
ThEvil0nE
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby iamwhoiamtoday » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:06 pm

I just wanted to point out, the link to the flash video doesn't work anymore...
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby AmEv » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:54 pm

iamwhoiamtoday wrote:I just wanted to point out, the link to the flash video doesn't work anymore...

Yep. Dead link.

Anyone else know where to find it?

*100 posts! Green belt, baby!!!
I'm gonna get my new hardware. And my worklog here.
AmEv
Black Belt
Black Belt

Location: Wanting to be at these forums, but not as active as they

Postby fussnfeathers » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:44 pm

iamwhoiamtoday wrote:I just wanted to point out, the link to the flash video doesn't work anymore...

Yeah, Adelphia went out of business a couple of years ago, I forget exactly why. Involved jail time, though. We have Cablevision now.....I guess that's better. At least we got broadband out of the deal. No HD yet, not that it matters, I have a 13" TV. :o

Here ya go.....
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to The Water Cooler