NEW egg screwed up

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Tolemac » Thu May 23, 2002 11:55 am

What did I tell you? :lol:
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby datektrader21 » Thu May 23, 2002 12:22 pm

you and your " i told you so " remarks :x well i called asus, it took about 3 minutes to get on with a tech support agent and another 2 to get permission to rma the board. so at least there service is good. but now i am kinda confused because if i rma the board through asus they will probably want a receipt of purchase or something and my only receipt is for the msi board that newegg was supposed to send me. if i use newegg i think they will take the board and give me an msi board instead with the kt266a chipset and not the kt333. now i want the better board so what do i do oh what do i do :!: :!:
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby datektrader21 » Thu May 23, 2002 12:55 pm

score :P they want nothing but the board and they pay the return shipping, unlike soyo who makes you include a 15 dollar money order for return shipping 8O so off it goes hopefully by next friday i will have a new asus board won't that be spiffy :o 8)
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Aibohphobia » Fri May 24, 2002 11:45 am

Yeah, but was it worth the wait? Time is money, no? You may have paid less money for a better board, but you paid more time. You should have done the honest thing and returned it to NewEgg
Go hang a salami; I'm a lasagna hog!
A man, a plan, a butt tub: anal Panama!
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Fri May 24, 2002 12:22 pm

you should burn for your dishonest post especialy this one :evil: you would have taken that board in a new york minute. :P
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Aibohphobia » Fri May 24, 2002 4:35 pm

Actually no. You got a dead board, I wouldn't have taken that in a New York minute at all. You have to wait another week to get another motherboard, and if I were in the position where I had no back-up motherboard to tide me over the waiting period, that is like paying the price for it anyways.
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby jmstacey » Fri May 24, 2002 4:43 pm

It is............ I almost died because of the wait for the computer parts to arrive while I didn't have ANY computer to use in the meantime. It was hell for me. :evil: but hey......I survived, didn't I :lol:
-Jon-
jmstacey
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Fri May 24, 2002 4:59 pm

at the time you saw it you had no idea it was dead. in fact i believe you said you wanted to trade boards the asus for the dragon plus. that is before it was made known that it was dead :P luckily i have a backup board, you would to if you had not broken your other board :P :P i take you still have not gotten up the courage to call soyo. i admit they have thick accents but a man has to do what a man has to do 8) then again maybe calling you a man is an overstatement :lol: :P :lol:
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Aibohphobia » Fri May 24, 2002 5:15 pm

hey now that's just low. i'd call soyo but i don't feel the need to yet. i just hate wait times, and most of all i hate soyo--the company, and the technical support on the phone. I'm glad now that I did not trade boards. As Jon stated, it's :evil: hell :evil: to wait.
Goddam mad dog!
Aibohphobia
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Fri May 24, 2002 5:35 pm

i just hope you feel the need to call them before the warranty expires and your stuck with a brand new broke dragon plus
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Water Cooler