Tablets

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Tablets

Postby c327 » Mon May 29, 2017 11:05 pm

It's been a while (about a little more than 3 years) since I bought my first tablet, an iPad. Right off the bat it reminded me of one of my very first PC's a Dell. My experience with my Dell was a total nightmare of the company. Almost everything was proprietary and I see that with my Apple IPad.

While looking up the next version of the iPad I came across an article that said over the last few years the iPad has been going out of flavor and that the Android OS is more popular.

What I did find out from using the iPad is that it didn't pick up any nasties like my Windows XP did once in a while. What makes the Android OS so much better that buyers would favor tablets running it.? The same I guess holds true with iPhone smart phones.

Are tablets and smart phones running the Android OS subject to viruses like Windows are? If not the Android OS what makes the real reason that makes Android running tablets more popular than Apples? Is it the cost $$$$$ factor. No getting away from the fact that a new iPad can set one back $600 bucks if not more. Or is it something else which is my question here???
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to The Water Cooler