How High Can Crude Go In Price?

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

How High Can Crude Go In Price?

Post by Karlsweldt »

Guess a lot of people are in true shock to hear the price of a barrel of crude has topped $119.00 USD! Crude Profile:
And where will it end?
That reflects on what is paid at the pump. Current fuel prices:
Maybe it is time for someone to go to court for a 'show cause' order so those commodity traders can explain why the price is so outlandish!!
The world's economy is at stake!
[email protected] to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by iamwhoiamtoday »

It's almost $4 per gallon here in CA, and it costs me about $55 to fill up my tank (1997 Avalon)
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by evasive »

That is not the real question. How much more can the dollar plummet compared to any other currency. If you check out the pricing in euro's or any other currency that does stand its ground the crude oil price hasn't risen all that fast.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Post by thomas_w_bowman »

How high can crude go up in price ?

How much have you got ???

The idea of a 'PetroDollar' was a bad idea in the first place - but I'm sure they'll switch to Euros once the dollar devalues enough.
Speculators aren't helping either.
At least we can still buy all we want... :roll:
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html]Join Folding team #: 33258[/url]
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Post by Pette Broad »

Just an estimate, in ten years from now, $250 minimum, maybe as much as $400. 10 years on from that.....double those figures and that's if all is peace and harmony in the oil producing countries.
At least we can still buy all we want...
For now. :(

Pete
[img]http://tinyurl.com/3x7anjn/.gif[/img]
OldPhatDad
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by OldPhatDad »

As long as it's a commodity in high demand (and our North American society basically revolves around oil), it can keep rising in cost.

I'm in Canada (west coast) and after currency conversion, our gas is just under $4.75 US per gallon ($1.27 CDN per liter). So I'll take your California gas price right now! :lol:
Antec Nine Hundred
Intel C2D E6750 @ 3.6 Ghz
Gigabyte P35 DS3L
Mushkin Redlines 2 x2GB kit
EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 896 MB
WD 250 GB SATA2
Seagate 160 GB SATA
WD 500 GB SATA2
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
PC P&C Silencer 750W
Windows XP SP3
Daft Ada
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Post by Daft Ada »

iamwhoiamtoday wrote:It's almost $4 per gallon here in CA, and it costs me about $55 to fill up my tank (1997 Avalon)
Think yourself lucky you're not in the UK. I'd love a full tank of petrol for $55. It costs me about $100!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by Karlsweldt »

Definitely the devalued U.S. dollar has prodded the rise in crude prices. But the greed and "bragging rights" of certain commodity traders is more at fault.
The Canadian Dollar is quite close to the U.S. dollar value.. but was about 1.5 times higher in exchange rate, not too long ago. And the British Pound was once at £2.80 per U.S. Dollar. Current Exchange Rates:

There are too many variables to enter into the equation.. trade deficit, Middle Eastern strife, import surtaxes.. to name just a few.
[email protected] to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Post by Pette Broad »

And the British Pound was once at £2.80 per U.S. Dollar.

I think you have that the wrong way round should be $2.80 per £ :) . That was a fixed rate till 1967 when it went to $2.40. At one stage during the 80's it was as low as $1.06.

There are too many variables to enter into the equation.. trade deficit, Middle Eastern strife, import surtaxes.. to name just a few.
Fair comment, I based my estimate on the long term running down of Crude Oil reserves. Let's see what the next few years bring.
It's almost $4 per gallon here in CA,
Still cheaper than a gallon of beer though :)

Pete
[img]http://tinyurl.com/3x7anjn/.gif[/img]
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Post by Copper »

when you take out one of the large oil producing countries called iraq, all i can say is reep what you sow
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)