I thought only TV Wrestling was 'fixed'...

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

I thought only TV Wrestling was 'fixed'...

Post by thomas_w_bowman »

'Our Little Genius' in cheating scandal
Some children were provided 'information' ahead of time
http://www.popeater.com/2010/01/08/our- ... led-fox%2F

Perhaps the only 'unrigged' game show is Deal or no Deal ? (Although when they re-run those, it sure looks like they got some bargain programming...).
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html]Join Folding team #: 33258[/url]
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Post by hunter1801 »

I don't know if I would label it as a "cheating scandal". The shows executive producer and creator asked FOX not to air it because he was uncomfortable with the end product after he found out that some contestants were given "information". They didn't receive answers or anything, but the fact that the shows creator actually came forward and didn't want to air it because this was unacceptable to him is actually commendable.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by Karlsweldt »

Most of those quiz shows select the contestants on their knowledge of the subjects presented. Just for theatrics and audience satisfaction.
While many children are indeed "gifted", not all can concentrate on the subject matter when in front of an audience. That takes a lot of experience!
Stick a TV camera in the face of the common person, and they usually get stage fright.
[email protected] to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by fussnfeathers »

Quite a few game shows are "rigged". Jeopardy got nailed awhile back for not necessarily giving the answers, but providing different questionnaires to contestants. Some got quizzes that had the majority of the questions to be given on the show, while others got totally unrelated questions. Obviously, the people who got the leaked questions did better. They got nailed because it was becoming obvious, you had two smarties that got everything right, and the one poor guy that wound up in the negative dollar amount. Price is Right was rigged, Family Feud......heck American Idol is rigged, but nobody cares.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
AmEv
Black Belt
Black Belt
Location: Wanting to be at these forums, but not as active as they

Post by AmEv »

fussnfeathers wrote:Price is Right was rigged
Yeah, the big wheel, and the pricing. Supposedly it's retail value. Of which store? I seriously don't think that suped-up Mac is only $2000 MSRP. (i WISH.) Easily 20k...
I'm gonna get my new hardware. And my worklog here.