abit sd7-533, P.O.S.?

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

abit sd7-533, P.O.S.?

Postby glazenuts » Wed Jun 05, 2002 8:18 am

Are the guys at abit drunk, smoking crack, or both? 1st I read what a good chipset the sis645dx is. After reading several good reveiws,I buy the Abit Sd7-533 because it is the only one that had USB. 2.0. and has 5.1 sound. Well the expansion plate that the user guide says comes with the MB was not in the box. I called the retailer and he said he has 30 mb with no plates and has been waiting over a month for Abit to reply to his email. I thought it was only us people that were stupid enough to buy Abit products that the choose to treat like crap. It appears they even give vendor's the finger. Well I called tech support and was transfered to some girl that 1st said the plate was optional, what a load. Then I was put on hold, when she came back I was told they would be sending me one free. Ya, I believe it when I see it. I'm still waiting for the Rma I was told was coming 6 wks. ago after callin twice. I was just reading over on Sharkyextreme how a bunch of people didn't get the hsf retainer with there mb. "UNTILL WE GIVE THEM THE FINGER BY BOYCOTTING THEIR PRODUCTS, WE DESERVE WHAT WE GET! I for one have bought my last Abit product. I've built several systems with Abit MB's. but my last 2, SH6 & SD7-533 have been a POS! I built this system just to game on. SD7-533/p4-1.6a/mushkin pc2700 CL2 and I'm disappointed, the keyboard and mouse feel is not as good as my Abit bx6 v.2.04 p3-800@992mhz. I'm not a Abit hate'r just hate crappy cust.svc.
Thanx for letting me vent,
Jeff in LA.
glazenuts
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Tolemac » Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:48 pm

Welcome to the Mother Board!

Nice vent! Please let us know what the resolution is as then we will know if Abit or the vendor are doing right by you. BTW, who was the vendor?
8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Abit Customer Service/ATACOM.com

Postby glazenuts » Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:20 am

The problem with the SD7 is history, for me at least. The reseller gave me a refund, no problem there. I've spread my little rant about Abit on several other sites incl., Tom's hdw, Sharky ext, 3-4 others and "All of a sudden" I get a response from Abit about another one of their Motherboards, "SH6" that was a piece of crap out of the box. I bought the SH6 from ATACOM.com. I built the system within 5 days of receiveing the MB and told them I was having problems. They said check the pwr suppply. which I did. No luck. Called them back and they blew me off and told me to contact Abit tech support which I did, 2x. On the second call the they said it was a bad MB. and to call RMA. I called RMA and they said I woould receive an email RMA 24-48hrs. That did not happen. I called RMA a second time, same thing, I would receive an email 24-48hrs. Again, I receive no email. I email Abit Customer service and inform them that after building several systems using Abit motherboards, several of which I purchased from ATACOM.com I wonder which it was the got action, The postings on the NET, or my neg. email to cust.svc. AS you all can Imagine, buy this time I'm disgusted, with the whole thing. on 6/10 appx. 90 days after this nightmare started, I email ATACOM.com explain that after following their directions to contact Abit and having several hunderd dollars tied up in system that won't function properly, They reply that after 30days I'm on my own. Now I'm really "MAD". I contacted them right away, within 5 days of receiveng the defective motherboard. if ATACOM.com hadn't sent me to Abit and handled the problem themselves, I would have had this problem solved a long time ago. I'm going to email them a link to this forum and see if it chages their mind. If not I will cut and paste this all over the place like I did with with my abit rant. STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES!
glazenuts
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Excel » Thu Jun 13, 2002 11:42 am

Well, I have to say I wouldn't want to be in your position, especially since I will be also buying a mb soon.

With that said, I think you need to consider going to a third-party to resolve your problem with the vendor and/or ABIT. Try the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or contact your credit card company. (You DID buy with credit, right?)

Beyond that, I've heard that some pc magazines like PC World can help if you contact the right editor, as they have contacts within the major companies and can pressure a company to resolve a problem to avoid bad publicity.

I really is a matter of how much effort you put into getting attention drawn toward your problem. If you ignore the problem, the others will ignore it as well since they aren't the ones losing money on a bad deal!

Take care! 8)
Excel
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to The Water Cooler