MAC Book Pro vs i9 Windows PC

Post here if you just want to chat about... whatever.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

MAC Book Pro vs i9 Windows PC

Post by c327 »

With the new roll out of the free Windows 11 update my 6 year old expensive Sager Windows 10 Pro PC i7 4910MQ at 2.9 8 gb ram PC does not meet the minimum specs required. This PC runs great always did not ever a hic cup. 6 years is a long time technology wise I know but I am now thinking of going Apple Mac Book for $2400. and be done with Microsoft, just don't know which way to go. I have a ton of Microsoft Word docs that would need to get on to the Mac book. I have a tone of photos that were ran through my Adobe Photo Program and filed on this windows PC that would need to be moved to the MAC Book pc not to mention my Samsung Galaxy S21 having to integrate also with the MAC Book Pro.

Also I looked in the BIOS and see that secure boot is disabled ?? If I enable secure boot it looks like I need to reboot off a bootable drive? Will I lose my files stored on the pc? I s this a reload of the O.S.????

If I went with MAC Book what issues should I expect to run into with the above if any. Comments appreciated.

Thanks All