what temp should i expect?

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Tramontane » Sat Jun 17, 2006 4:34 pm

i may have to hack my new case to put a fan over the cpu, had to do it for my antec why should this be any different i am amazed that the compartment jammed packed with hard drives is so cool. i will probally attach some fans to that door as well as a fan over the cpu.
Tramontane
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:03 am

The design of the CPU cooling fan is poor. The exhaust of the heat sink is pulled back into the fan's inlet, and does not effect true cooling methods. A styrofoam cup used as a 'funnel' or 'stack' will pull air from farther away which is much cooler than the exhausted air. Don't forget to remove the bottom!! A few dabs of hot-melt glue will secure it semi-permanently, and it is easily removed.
Some mobo designs address this problem more correctly, by having ducting for the exhaust or intake so a constant fresh stream of air is doing its intended job. Some designs of the micro cases used no CPU fan.. instead having the PSU directly over the heat-sink of the CPU, and there was a passive cooling effect that worked well. No recirculating of hot air.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tramontane » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:09 pm

so now i have idle temps of 33deg C and under full 100% on both cores by running prime 95 and super pie i get 51 as a top temp

if i run prime 95 only i get around 46c

i have no errors and things apear to be stable can i assume all is wonderfull or should i be thinkin somthing is wrong with this hsf

the rpm reported by the fan is looking a bit low 1350 with no load and around 1800 it should be around 2400 according to the specs

i did not use the fan mate controler and cool and quiet is disabled via bios settings.

if i decide to abandon this heatsink i may decide to get a swiftec MCX 6400-V.
Tramontane
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Previous

Return to Tech Support