PC Shop cant seem to fix my pc!

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby colinJohn » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:19 pm

Is the real problem that you don't have the software to re-install?
"that's some catch that Catch 22"
"It's the best that there is"

colinJohn
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby bigadjaye » Thu Oct 20, 2005 3:53 pm

Yes alot of the software i dont have to reinstall. While i was at uni we got free software which we could download from a server through MSDN AA. But now I am no longer a student I wouldnt be able to download the software again to reinstall. Stuff like Visual Studio and SQL server, Microsoft exchange, even my windows XP etc... Id kinda like to keep these!
bigadjaye
Initiate
Initiate

Postby The Pizza Boy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:17 pm

Well shouldnt the PC shop have XP disc lieing around that they could use? I know that i reloaded my friends computer with my disc and her "registered" it and we had no problems of piracy or whatnot. And if you want those proggys back im sure you could find them on a "special" place to download them which im not going to say where cuz the government would be like WTF mate. Plus the fact that maybe you already got them for free from your school im sure you can find them online somewhere. If not maybe contact your old professor and see if they can get them for you. Thats lame that the shop is being retarded tho.
The Pizza Boy
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Sabrewings » Thu Oct 20, 2005 6:08 pm

bigadjaye wrote:Yes alot of the software i dont have to reinstall. While i was at uni we got free software which we could download from a server through MSDN AA. But now I am no longer a student I wouldnt be able to download the software again to reinstall. Stuff like Visual Studio and SQL server, Microsoft exchange, even my windows XP etc... Id kinda like to keep these!

You're gonna need to get them to make an image of that partition with your Windows install and copy that over to a drive for temporary storage. Fix the partition mess that's in there, and copy the disk image back in. That's about the only chance of preserving all that software.

If they've got questions on how to do that, give them a link to this thread. :twisted:
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Tech Support