Monitor twitches like a crack addict.

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Monitor twitches like a crack addict.

Post by gamepyrate »

I don't see why but when I woke up this morning to look at my computer I looked at the screen and noticed it was "twitching" like it was at a refresh rate of like 40hz. Everything on the screen sort of moves up a fraction of a millimeter and twitches back down right afterwards. It's really annoying on the eyes and I don't know what the hell is going on. I tried turning the monitor off and on, making sure the connection to the KVM I have is securely fastened, and tried changing the refresh rate from 60hz - 75hz but nothing changes the fact that it twitches, only maybe the frequency or how noticeable it is.
My system is a Radeon 9500 Pro 64mb with analog out to an analog monitor. It's an AMD system with an MSI K7N2 DELTA2-LSR motherboard, with Server 2003 installed. It just happened out of the blue and I don't get what the hell the problem is. It's hooked up to a TK-210K KVM by TRENDnet and the other computer on the KVM does not have the same problem.
What's the dilly-o?
dr_st
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Post by dr_st »

Well, assuming it's not the monitor (since the other system doesn't have the same issue), maybe it's the cable that connects the PC to the KVM? Have you tried switching cables?

Could also be the video card, or something. Try to remove the video card drivers and rolling back to the default Windows video driver, see if it goes away.
gamepyrate
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Post by gamepyrate »

Somehow rolling back the vga drivers then re-installing the new ones worked. I don't understand it. I'm guessing it might have autoadjusted to a refresh rate slightly out of range for the monitor and reinstalling fixed it.
Thanks.