Embarassing installation faults...that others should avoid!

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby aceadrian1 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:29 am

jack1476 wrote:
aceadrian1 wrote:I started up a voicecomm program with my mates and started talking into my mic. I realised that they seemed to be neglecting me and not replying to anything I said. Still I persisted for about 10 minutes, before I realised that I was talking into the wrong mic... I'd got the other one plugged in. So I'd been talking to myself for 10 minutes :oops:

:? :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll: :?
I guess you didn't read the entire thread

Only the first few pages... what did I miss?
aceadrian1
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby S33K3R » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:33 am

oh nothing :?
just read thru maybe you will see what I see :lol:
S33K3R
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby aceadrian1 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:36 am

Is this some sadistic joke that ends with me looking like an even bigger fool than before? Can't you just tell me? :?: :(
aceadrian1
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby S33K3R » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:42 am

aceadrian1 wrote:Is this some sadistic joke that ends with me looking like an even bigger fool than before? Can't you just tell me? :?: :(

:lol:
ok well I wanted to avoid typing but here it goes.
the thread was mostly posted about installation faults when putting a system together and why problems would occur or systems not boot. I can see why, one would post other faults as well.
Hey I never talked to myself on the mic but that sh#@ would be funny.
you know it could have been a joke but we are past april fools.
just thought I would say something so this thread would not get OT since it has alot of good things too look out for. either way it does seem to have gotten OT a bit now :)
S33K3R
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby aceadrian1 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:48 am

Well I would have posted some of my installation issues... but TBH I haven't really had any. Everything's gone pretty smoothly. I've got my Barton 2500, Corsair 2x256 PC3200 and Asus Radeon 9800 Pro 256 working to give me 19133 in 3DMark2001se so I'm happy.

Anyway, it was an installation issue... mics are pieces of hardware and I was having difficulty installing it into my PC. It may be pushing it, but for goodness sake... you mods are just as strict as the ones over at Extremeoverclocking.com :roll:
aceadrian1
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby S33K3R » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:59 am

aceadrian1 wrote:Well I would have posted some of my installation issues... but TBH I haven't really had any. Everything's gone pretty smoothly. I've got my Barton 2500, Corsair 2x256 PC3200 and Asus Radeon 9800 Pro 256 working to give me 19133 in 3DMark2001se so I'm happy.

Anyway, it was an installation issue... mics are pieces of hardware and I was having difficulty installing it into my PC. It may be pushing it, but for goodness sake... you mods are just as strict as the ones over at Extremeoverclocking.com :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
not a mod :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was just pointing something out is all, because we all tend to skip alot of posts
BTW congrats on being mr perfect. No faults during install, if that is true you are either GOD himself or a liar :lol: :lol: no offense :lol: :lol: its just not feasible
S33K3R
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby aceadrian1 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:19 am

No faults during install, if that is true you are either GOD himself or a liar

None worth talking about. Sure, I tried to turn it on once and forgot to put the power switch cable in... I had a few issues when OCing... I RMA'd my Hercules 9800 Pro because the RAM was terribly bad for OCing... none of this is headline news nor is it particuarly funny, that's why I said I had had no problems. So, what's the verdict Jack1476? Liar or God? :wink:
aceadrian1
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby S33K3R » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:23 am

aceadrian1 wrote:
No faults during install, if that is true you are either GOD himself or a liar

None worth talking about. Sure, I tried to turn it on once and forgot to put the power switch cable in... I had a few issues when OCing... I RMA'd my Hercules 9800 Pro because the RAM was terribly bad for OCing... none of this is headline news nor is it particuarly funny, that's why I said I had had no problems. So, what's the verdict Jack1476? Liar or God? :wink:

:lol:
I tell you once again if you keep reading the post on the thread it should anserw your verdict :)
Most people were refering to small dumb common mistakes as you mention but you would have seen that from the post :) I for one have made most of the mistakes posted in here and do not expect not to make any, since there is no such thing as perfection
S33K3R
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby aceadrian1 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:28 am

Crumbs... if this is just going to turn into a flame against me then I'll pack my bags. I did read most of the other posts, but writing "I forgot to put the power switch cable in and tried to turn on my PC..." didn't seem like a terrribly amusing nor helpful concept, as I'm sure it's been mentioned before.

I don't claim to be perfect, far from it. Define perfection. In the context of the universe, define a mistake. 8)
aceadrian1
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby S33K3R » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:31 am

aceadrian1 wrote:Crumbs... if this is just going to turn into a flame against me then I'll pack my bags. I did read most of the other posts, but writing "I forgot to put the power switch cable in and tried to turn on my PC..." didn't seem like a terrribly amusing nor helpful concept, as I'm sure it's been mentioned before.

I don't claim to be perfect, far from it. Define perfection. In the context of the universe, define a mistake. 8)

no flame dude
just forget about it.
S33K3R
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

PreviousNext

Return to Tech Support