New comp build problem

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

inteljunky
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Post by inteljunky »

CDBurner wrote:
Regarding the video, I don't think that the BIOS setting for PCI or AGP makes much difference if you have only one video card. Its only real purpose (as far as I know) is to determine which is the primary display card if you have two graphics cards: an AGP card and a PCI card.
on some boards i have seen, if it is set to pci you will get a blank screen on the agp. most boards tend to auto set this now a days, but you never know... my abit IT7max3 was like that
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Post by CDBurner »

Interesting, I didn't know that. Thanks for correcting me! :D
[email protected] Fighting diseases every second. Join us! https://foldingathome.org/
Felix Jongleur
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by Felix Jongleur »

the K7S5A has a long history of problems. Try getting an adequate power supply. I had a K7, and thats what happened when i tried to boot from a 250watt PSU. If I was you I'd get another PSU. :D

Try taking everything out, even the processor and see if you get a beep or something. Also, it might be a good idea to get another mobo and test all the parts there.

-Felix
[size=75]Abit AV8 BIOS.26
A64 3000+ Winchester @ 2.2ghz
HyperX 2x512mb Pc-3200 2.5-3-3-8 @ 250mhz
eVGA 6800GT @ 374/1.03ghz
40gb WD400 IDE
80gb WD80 SATA
Audigy 2 OEM
WinXP Pro SP2
Enermax EG465AX-VE 460w [/size]
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Post by CDBurner »

Regarding the video issue, I set my K7S5A's "primary video adapter" setting in the BIOS to "PCI" (I'm using an AGP card) and rebooted a couple of times, and I still had video. Unless that feature was changed recently (i.e. in a BIOS update), I would guess that this setting isn't the cause of Matrixfan2004's problem.

Also, it might be interesting to try booting up without the video card. The machine should start beeping to indicate that there is no video card.
[email protected] Fighting diseases every second. Join us! https://foldingathome.org/
Guthix2007
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post by Guthix2007 »

Hey all

heres an update i've got another board coming so i plan to test all the bits and if it is the old board i'll send it back and get a refund :)