3 quick clicking sounds randomly from speakers - Win10

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

3 quick clicking sounds randomly from speakers - Win10

Postby hunter1801 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:57 pm

For at least a few months now, I have heard this odd clicking sound every once in a while coming from my speakers. It is not a hardware issue, or static, or anything that is telling me something is messing up. It is some kind of audio playing. It is 3 clicks, playing quickly.

I cannot recreate it, because I don't know what causes it. I usually am not doing anything. Just now I had only 2 internet windows open (tradingview.com and youtube) and was looking down at my phone for a while when it did it on its own. It happens once maybe every 2-3 days. No background programs are running.

My paranoia going straight to thinking that it's someone opening a background monitoring program that is installed on my compuer :lol:. Any ideas?
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Re: 3 quick clicking sounds randomly from speakers - Win10

Postby bdub » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:20 am

one test is to put another set of speakers there (different wiring to speakers is also something to try), and to define if the clicks are coming from your current speakers or the computer. if you hear the clicks in the new speakers, you can tell it's systems sounds, not the speakers themselves.

if you're sure it is the computer os sending the sounds... is there a time you didn't hear the sounds, and can you restore the os that far using restore points or a backup?
or you could install a new os on another hdd, and use that for a few days to see if the clicks continue?
my main rig...
asrock 970 extreme3
AMD FX-6300 Vishera CPU
zalman cpns5x performa hs/fan
crucial ballistix 2x4gb sport ddr3-1333
powercolor ax7750 1GBK3-H vga
antec neo he 650r
Samsung 840 EVo SSD 120 GB
toshiba 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
seagate 1TB HDD 64M cache sata3
hitachi 2TB HDD 64M cache sata3
lg wh14ns40 bd burner
optiarc ad-7240s sata dvdrw (nec chipset)
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Re: 3 quick clicking sounds randomly from speakers - Win10

Postby evasive » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:15 am

mute the sound and see if it still does this. if so, hardware issue. if not, a program is causing this.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support