Motherboard intel "DH55TC" which does not turn

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Motherboard intel "DH55TC" which does not turn

Postby JUAN MANUEL » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi, I have a motherboard intel "DH55TC" which does not turn on only the led lamp that has near the female connectors sata of the board, I have checked the smd fuses and other components like condensers etc etc and I find nothing out of Normal, I would like to follow some advice of your experience and if possible where you can get the diagrams or diagrams of said plate for later repair thanks
JUAN MANUEL
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Motherboard intel "DH55TC" which does not turn

Postby Karlsweldt » Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:57 pm

Ensure all power sockets on board are mated to leads from PSU, especially the 4-pin socket by the CPU socket. Memory should be compatible to the CPU and FSB speeds, installed in the blue slots first. Should fire up with just one module. The CPU cooler fan plug should be connected to the board header marked as such.
The keyboard lights are a basic diagnostics test. One or two flashes on powering up, then another flash maybe 5 seconds later, if no critical errors.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby JUAN MANUEL » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:27 am

THANK YOU FOR ANSWERING, I HAVE TESTED THE PLATE OUTSIDE THE CABINET WITH DIFFERENT POWER SUPPLIES AND CONNECTED ALL SOURCE CONNECTORS THE ONLY ONE THAT I HAVE NOT PERFORMED IS TO CONNECT IT WITH THE MEMORY TO THE BLUE MODULE
IS IT INSPIRIBLE TO CONNECT THE MEMORY TO OPERATE?
I WILL DO IT AND I WILL ALREADY
JUAN MANUEL
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 pm

Modern motherboards do not have any amount of "resident" memory, unlike many years ago. Memory modules must be installed before any true life signs are present. If a speaker is on the board, or an external one is connected, then several beeps (error code) would be heard, detailing the error that prevents the board from becoming active.
On the motherboard, at the memory slots, there will be markings for which slots are primary and secondary. One slot should have "Bank 0 Slot 0" or similar. This is the first detected module slot. The motherboard should become active with just one module in that slot, but matched pairs of modules is the proper method.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby JUAN MANUEL » Mon May 01, 2017 1:11 pm

Hi, I'm checking for a smd mosfet from a motherboard and reading on at gate after rising to 1400 ohms down to 700 ohms fast, the other transistors on the same license plate do not do the same thing and I would like to know if this is normal
JUAN MANUEL
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue May 02, 2017 6:34 am

Possibly a thermally controlled MOSFET, which controls fan speed voltage for the CPU or other mechanical device (case fan).
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support