possible overheating/stalling on pages/sluggish

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

possible overheating/stalling on pages/sluggish

Postby brucefl » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:24 am

I have an HP h9-1320TCO that seems to be sluggish on pages and operating. I have an I7 with 12 gigs of ram. I check the fans and they are clean. On the HP forums someone told me to download CPUID HWmonitor which I did. We talked a little back and forth, what I am finding is Pegatron MB (they do not seem to have any forums) In looking that the fans CPU, Fans 1,2 & 3 it says they are at the maximum value. It also has a FANIN0 and FANIN1 which are running at the max value or near. Temperatures on TMPIN0 and TMPIN1 Run pretty much at the max. On the I7 core temps vary. The machine is not overclocked. It is a liquid cool Fan. I am thinking it may be possibly the fan? Not much luck with the HP forums. It seems at these levels on the fans it maybe running too hot? I would appreciate any assistance. If you need further information please let me know. The desktop computer is about 3.5 years old, do not know much about these fans, wonder if they need to be replace because the fluid may dry up, or it is common for them to run at the max.
When the computer starts to do more tabs or things I can really hear it wind up. I have moved cables around to make sure on the ventilation.
Thanks Bruce

Re: possible overheating/stalling on pages/sluggish

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:17 pm

How many fans on that system are pulling air into the case, versus pulling air out? Should be a favored ratio of 1.5:1, air in greater than air out. The PSU is an 'air out' fan, so that is part of the whole.
Check how many programs are active in the background. Too many, and the system becomes slow. Run only what is needed!
As to those "liquid cooled" fans, they do have a liquid such as alcohol in the tubes, not under pressure. They should not loose any coolant, unless exposed to extreme heat, where the tubes may pop.
Ambient temperatures add to the load on a PC, for keeping itself in a proper heat range. If over 85°F, then the PC may be under stress to stay within limits.
When a CPU reaches its thermal limit, its sensors activate a throttling process to slow down the core or even halt the system, if temperatures get over the limit. A common thermal setting in the BIOS for safety is 75°C for general needs.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: possible overheating/stalling on pages/sluggish

Postby evasive » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:50 am

Start with updating the bios. Pegatron, formerly Asus has a long history of getting temperature reading completely wrong in early versions of their bioses.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support