Asus x79 sabertooth motherboard damage

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Asus x79 sabertooth motherboard damage

Postby myth77 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:23 am

Hi to all, my friend brought me this motherboard...he told me he bought it from the guy who swares that it was working... When computer tries to boot, the motherborad starts but then restarts again, in couple of seconds, no picture no nothing... I tried to examine it closely and at first it seems that it was fine, but later i noticed that the guy who sold it to my friend probably damaged it. I believe with the screwdriver ... the question is, is this damage "big enough" to cause malfunction of the motherboard. I attached the photos...you can see the cooper is damaged but i dont see anywhere that it is splitted or cutted in two parts or something...Any help on what to do next is appreciated...

myth77
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Asus x79 sabertooth motherboard damage

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:51 am

From looking at those images, definitely there is damage. Even if it does not appear the traces are severed, they may have a fracture and no longer are capable of carrying data or current. Traces have been squashed and may contact others.
Repair of traces is possible with the kit to repair rear-window defoggers, but must be done with a lot of patience and care.
Would advise return of that board for full refund!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support