[Outlook 2013] Attachments being corrupted randomly

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

garrettslater
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

[Outlook 2013] Attachments being corrupted randomly

Post by garrettslater »

Hello guys!

I am having problem in a company when users receive external emails from different people with attachments and some of these attachments are corrupted when arrive in the inbox. The attachment can be PDF or XLS, DOC, etc.
I made a fully update on the office and adobe reader of a user but that didn´t solve.

I took a machine that was with Outlook 2013 completely outdated and did not help too.

The strange thing is that all the machines are experiencing this problem at the same time.

When I open the email of attachment that was corrupted, from the webmail provider, I can open the attachment normally.

Sometimes an email that arrives with two attachments, one of the attachments opens and the other appears the corrupted message, and again, randomly.

If the employee forwards the email with the corrupted attachment for me (I have Outlook 2013 with hostgator email provider) the corrupted message appears too.

I tryed to open the outlook in safe mode, but the user said that is having the same problem.

The outlook 2013 is set to use IMAP port 143 and SMTP port 587.

Could someone help me?
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Re: [Outlook 2013] Attachments being corrupted randomly

Post by Mr T »

Are the attachments limited in size, ours are limited to about 1Mb, any bigger and they wont receive or arrive corrupted!
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by evasive »

Is it possible to have them do a CC to a webmail address and see if they arrive in there unharmed? That way you can eliminate any problems at the sender's end. Can you have other people send some office documents/PDF's of various sizes to you? That way you can eliminate your email system. Is there any messages from your antivirus product (on the workstation or the mailserver)?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
rascard2007
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by rascard2007 »

you state:

...... "The strange thing is that all the machines are experiencing this problem at the same time."

then the problem is the email server and not a particular machine, look for the maximum attachment size in the emails accounts
"I have only come here seeking knowledge,
Things they would not teach me of in college"
-Wrapped Around Your Fingers-
-The Police-