Problem Sending A Large Sized Email

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Problem Sending A Large Sized Email

Postby c327 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:34 pm

this concerns a Windows XP Pro SP3 pc using Cough......OE 6. The email I wanted to send was a video 78mb in size. It would not send. I put it in a zip folder still no go. Got a notification that there was not enough memory I think it said. How do I solve this?

Thanks.......
Last edited by c327 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Problem Sending A Large Sized Email

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:34 am

Most providers limit Email package size to 25 megs, some to 50 megs.
http://www.outlook-apps.com/maximum-email-size/
If continuing to use Win XP, consider Firefox or Chrome or another browser.
Still have IE 6? That is waaay outdated. Should be IE 8. But a lot of sites won't honor IE 8, due to not being securely encrypted enough.
Your best way to transfer that huge file is with a hosting service.. then send the link to it.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:05 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Most providers limit Email package size to 25 megs, some to 50 megs.
http://www.outlook-apps.com/maximum-email-size/
If continuing to use Win XP, consider Firefox or Chrome or another browser.
Still have IE 6? That is waaay outdated. Should be IE 8. But a lot of sites won't honor IE 8, due to not being securely encrypted enough.
Your best way to transfer that huge file is with a hosting service.. then send the link to it.

Sorry I made an error, I meant Outlook Express which is OE6. I am currently using IE8 and Chrome as a browser which I DO NOT LIKE on this XP Pro SP3 PC. Waiting for Windows 10 later this year (maybe April ????? probably a little later) as I have two PC's to update and want to do clean installs on both. Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 as far as I am concerned is a mixed bad of the same.

Why MS couldn't just have improved XP and called it something else is beyond me or is it Windows 10 ???
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:54 pm

An OS can be "patched" or "upgraded" just so many times. Then you have to start with a totally new version.
Vista was a warmed-over XP version, with some changes. Not everyone liked it. Win 7 had a lot of changes, but it too has problems with certain programs. Win 8 and 8.1 came out of the same "stew pot" as Vista, according to some sources.
A lot of computers will go to the scrap pile, due to not having enough memory, speed or disk space for the newest Windows versions. Or incompatible features. Too much bloatware!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:26 am

wetransfer.com

works for me so far
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support