Need help with my MOBO Asus P4VP-MX

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Need help with my MOBO Asus P4VP-MX

Postby luvsucket » Thu May 21, 2009 10:50 pm

I had a MOBO Asus P4VP-MX with built-in Video wich suddenly no display i tried to change monitor but it doesnt work i just notice also that there is no beep sound whent it booting up it tried to transfer the processor and memory to other MOBO it works well.

Do my MOBO is dead how do i get back to its working conditions

Thanks and advance......
luvsucket
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri May 22, 2009 4:54 pm

Check the 'stickies' at the top of the topic folder. Great help with trouble-shooting.
Some common checks:
The BIOS battery is good for about 3~4 years. When it fails, the settings in the CMOS memory will revert to a default, and the real-time clock will stop. Try a new battery. If that was the cause, it is a cheap and quick fix!
Is power getting to the unit? May be bad power cord, or dead outlet.
Does the system show evidence of trying to start, such as fans begin to spin, or lights flash? May be a short somewhere, or the load is too great for the power supply. Or, try another power supply. Should be minimal 400 watts. Try removing some equipment, such as hard drives or extra lights. This link should show your mobo model.
There is a plague on the electronics industry known as "bad caps". If any capacitors on that board are bulging at the tops, or show leakage, they are bad. More info at www.badcaps.net/ about the plague.
On-board video can stress the chipset called the Northbridge.. which is the main traffic route on any mobo. It needs good air flow to stay healthy.
If the mobo is indeed bad, try to find an exact replacement, so you don't have to go the route of a full OS and other programming reinstall. As long as the chipset types and major features are identical, should be a quick revival.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support