Kingston SDRAM error!?!

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Kingston SDRAM error!?!

Postby oemusers » Thu Nov 14, 2002 7:24 pm

greeting mobo users, my mobo is from asustek model CUV4X-E with 4 slot for memory. I used to installed 2 slots of memory from kingston, 64MB pc133 n 128MB pc133 sdram respectively without any problem. Recently, i brought any 128MB pc133 sdram to upgrade total memory to 310MB. But problem happen when I run memory check with norton diagnosis. The memory address can not be access with 310MB memory installed (1x64mb, 2x128mb). But problem does not occur when 256mb memory installed (2x128mb). It means that my 64mb memory module is faulty. But, I tried all combination of memory configuration and i am sure that there is no problem with my memory module. Can my mobo support the combination of different type of memory, i mean the capacity (64mb vs 128mb). Incidentally, all my memory module are from kingstonmax...
Thanks....
oemusers
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby hypnotik » Thu Nov 14, 2002 8:36 pm

Someone on here recommended it to me, and I recommend it to anyone with memory problems: http://www.memtest86.com

It's a great diagnostic that'll find errors other programs won't even pick up, and it will tell you exactly where they are.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

-Voltaire
hypnotik
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mr T » Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:47 pm

If the memory is of different brands it may not work together. ASUS boards are also tempramental to the brands you use (this board is very good and is not 'so' tempramental however) so it is best to stick with same brand and not 'mix and match' - likewise with the size of the modules you use.
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to Tech Support