Help!! Get this thing off my desktop!

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Help!! Get this thing off my desktop!

Postby Crazy Horse~ » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:12 pm

I was in a forum, and i saw a gif (avatar) that i thought i may want to use. I right clicked on it and saved it to my desktop. A window then popped up that read "Do you want to add an Active Desktop Item to your desktop?" I clicked "yes". Then the thing was on my desktop. To make matters worse, i did something to enlarge it, so it now takes up 75% of my desktop.
I tried right clicking on it , but the menu that appears doesnt have an option to delete it. I typed the name of the gif in "search", and it came up with some file with its name, so i deleted it (this was last night). But the @#*$ing thing is still there. I looked for the file with its name in the trash bin, but it isnt there, and when i use "search" to try to find the file now, it comes up empty.
Please help me get rid of this thing :!: :( :!:
Crazy Horse~
Green Belt
Green Belt

have u tried....

Postby SupraDraco » Thu Nov 14, 2002 3:39 pm

Have you tried to right click on the desktop and customizing it? also look through your explorer tree under desktop to see if tou can find it that way.

I did something like this once and got rid of it by just hitting refreash, after deleting all files associated with the gif.
SupraDraco
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Crazy Horse~ » Thu Nov 14, 2002 4:29 pm

You are the man! I right clicked on the desktop, then went to properties, then clicked on Desktop, then clicked Customize, then selected Web, and there it was! So i just deleted it......Me so happy! :D Thanks!
Crazy Horse~
Green Belt
Green Belt

Return to Tech Support