xfx 8200 geforce, Problem Booting Up Please I Need u Help

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

xfx 8200 geforce, Problem Booting Up Please I Need u Help

Postby dominationk1 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:56 pm

i have a xfx 8200 geforce Mobo, and i just assambled my Grid, and for some reason takes forever on the XFX Logo, after that my pc Fly.. but.. just there every time i restart my pc.. it does the same thing..

i even reconfigured the Bios to Default settings.. and still ... Please.. Help..

oo.. and just in Case.. there is a REad light just next to my Pci Slot.. is always on.. dont know if thats normal...

I Really Need ur Knowledgee...
dominationk1
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:54 pm

Welcome to Motherboards.org!
Your thread would be better served if in the "Tech Help" sector. A Mod may see fit to move this thread, but please don't double post!

Most likely, the BIOS is not configured properly. Set the path for boot options for only those drives which will provide a boot record. The floppy drive, primary hard drive and an optical drive, mainly. List a network boot path or other path ONLY if that is required. Any path listed that won't produce a boot record will cause very long time-out delays. Any drive connected to the controller ports will self-ID to the BIOS. You don't need to list all drive paths. As to the option to "Seek other boot paths", yes to that.
If using a keyboard via USB, the 'legacy' feature setting in BIOS has to be [enabled]. If you have an on-board feature that is duplicated by a device card, then the on-board feature must be disabled.. all aspects of it.
With IDE or PATA hard drives, the drive position on its 80-wire ribbon is critical. And it must be jumpered for its status. The lone connector end is for the mobo port only.. and the far end is the 'master', with the next nearest connector as 'slave' only. The Primary IDE channel port is where the main hard drive should be connected, and keep the optical drives on the secondary IDE channel. For SATA drives, ensure the primary drive is on the primary controller.. and that if not using a RAID array, the setting for the serial drive setup is "auto" or "JBOD". No jumpers with SATA drives.. one drive per controller, only.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby greytrains » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:46 pm

Moved to Tech Support
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support