Wierd Brand new mobo problems ..? Perplexed as all brand new

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Wierd Brand new mobo problems ..? Perplexed as all brand new

Postby BERT » Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:14 pm

I HAVE 2 QUESTIONS....
1. I HAVE PURCHASED A CHEAP SOCKET A MOBO, LEADTEK WINFAST 7350KDA, AND IT HAS 1 ROCKER SWITCH ON THE MOBO (SW1) FOR SETTING THE CPU SPEED RATIO...ALL IT LISTS IN THE MANUAL IS VOLTAGES FROM 5 UP TO 12.5....I HAVE INSTALLED A DURON 1300 IN IT BUT CAN NOT FATHOM THE SETTING FOR THE PROCESSOR, AS I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE VOLTAGE SHOULD BE FOR A 1300 DURON. The manual is not very clear, and through the dos speaker i can faintly hear the diagnostic voice saying something like" the microchip processors settings are configured incorrectly" or something. Please could you help me solve this (they are all brand new parts in the new system).

2. Another new system i have built works ok, but then kills of cdroms. I bought a new cdrom and after 10 minutes it stopped working, it is connected to a new cd writer as slave or master (doesnt correct if i alter them). I then tried another perfectly good cdrom, and after copying 3 cd's it to does not read any cd's i put in it. All parts are new again and the pc seems ok, msi mobo 256 ddr ram etc. Win XP. Doyou know what could be causing this to happen, a short or something ??. Please help as i wa building it for a freind who is home on wednesday, and i would like to give him his new PC.
Thanks in Advance.
:oops: :cry:
BERT
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby barmouth » Tue Nov 12, 2002 7:55 am

http://www.amd.com/us-en/assets/content_type/white_papers_and_tech_docs/24310.pdf

That's the volts for you, can't help much with the rest though.
barmouth
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby evasive » Tue Nov 12, 2002 11:41 am

2. see that you get a voltmeter somewhere and check what voltages are between red/black (5V) and yellow black (12V) wire pairs on the CDROM power connector.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Tech Support