Blank screen blues

Get your PC tech problems solved here. Quick response time.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Blank screen blues

Postby flounder » Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:54 am

Hello all.Here is my problem hoping someone could point me in the right direction.It's a zaapa zp-5v2 mobo,clean win98 install,after i load driver packages,the comp. reboots i get a black screen.I have tried several agp graphics card,ati,matrox trident,tnt2,and get the same result.Not sure if it ever work right, new to me.Zaapa website wasn't a big help.bios upgrade possbility?Any help is greatly appriciated.-Flounder
flounder
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:20 pm

If there is an onboard video, disable it via jumper and/or BIOS. Clear CMOS memory first and then disable OB Video, if any. If you had the Windows screen up before you loaded drivers it seems to me that there's a conflict w/the drivers.

It might be best to reformat HD and install OS again and load only the drivers it prompts you forfor the time being.
Luke 6:31
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby flounder » Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:49 am

Thanks Happy Hillbilly.The solution ended up being, installing the 4in1 drivers for Via chipset.After installation everything went good.
flounder
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Happy Hillbilly » Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:48 am

flounder,
Glad to see that you got 'er going! Thanks a lot for letting us know what the solution was. By telling us what the solution was, it can help us in troubleshooting future problems.

Welcome to Mohterboards.org!!!
Luke 6:31
Happy Hillbilly
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Return to Tech Support