user profiles in Firefox

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

user profiles in Firefox

Postby cwl157 » Tue May 10, 2005 8:56 am

I have been using firefox for many months now and just today when i tried to start it it asked me to pick a user profile and i tried to pick the default but it said that was already in use so i just made another one. Now all my user settings and all the extensions and everything is gone. How do i switch back to using the default profile. I have never had this problem before. Thanks.
cwl157
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Falklian » Tue May 10, 2005 11:24 am

Take a look at this, it will show you how to access the default profile and create a new profile with the settings/extensions of your old profile:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile

Usually, I find that when I open Firefox and it presents me with a profile manager, the program has basically crashed and the old instance is still partially running. I usually just ctrl-alt-del and end process from the task manager.

Also, I believe this should be moved as it is not a programming issue. General forum maybe?
Falklian
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby cwl157 » Tue May 10, 2005 2:36 pm

thanks that helped and yea i wasnt sure where to put it but i thought since firefox is a program id put it in the programming forum even though its not a programming question at all. Sorry about that :oops:
cwl157
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to Programming