He's got the virus-writing bug

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby MoboCop » Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:34 am

I would suggest c#.

If you need free the compiler and .net are free from microsoft and you can use the SharpDevelop as an IDE

http://www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD/

It is also easier to learn than C++ (the memory is managed which means no pointers which also means much easier to learn). It is also a much more rapid development tool than C++.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Roach412 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:34 pm

:mb_yeahthat::

c# is my next beast to battle. let's see if i can remember any of my coding skill. :?

IMO, writing a virus isn't very dangerous, unless you're intending it to be so...technically you can use "viruses" for very useful operations. maybe you wouldn't call them that...maybe name them "self-propogating scripts" or something to that effect. you can do system checks, script updates, security monitoring, all with viruses.

they can be a very positive tool.

now, if somebody wanted to use the information in a bad/illegal way....if they're just starting coding, they won't last much longer than a few minutes.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby MoboCop » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:46 pm

Roach412 wrote::mb_yeahthat::

c# is my next beast to battle. let's see if i can remember any of my coding skill. :?

IMO, writing a virus isn't very dangerous, unless you're intending it to be so...technically you can use "viruses" for very useful operations. maybe you wouldn't call them that...maybe name them "self-propogating scripts" or something to that effect. you can do system checks, script updates, security monitoring, all with viruses.

they can be a very positive tool.

now, if somebody wanted to use the information in a bad/illegal way....if they're just starting coding, they won't last much longer than a few minutes.

-Roach

I think this topic has switched from viruses to general programming. I would like to keep it that way. I do not want to encourage or condone virus writing in any way shape or form.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Roach412 » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:07 pm

alrighty.

if you're really interested in 'pursuing' the virus and security topic...check out the University of Calgary. they offer a virus and malware course(s) in their computer degree program. at least, they are offering a learning place where you can be monitored...and it's disconnected from the "outside" world.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Toby B. » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:18 pm

Discussing programming is fine....

Discussing writing viruses and such is NOT an area that is going to be allowed here. Motherboards.org does not condone writing virus and other malicuos code...

END OF SUBJECT
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to Programming