He's got the virus-writing bug

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Vito Andolini » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:16 am

For five years, Czech student Marek Strihavka programmed computer viruses as part of the underground group 29A.
A twist of fate, however, has led the former virus writer to take a job stopping digital pests like those he used to create. About a year after leaving 29A, which takes its name from the base-16 representation of 666, the 22-year-old resident of Brno in the Czech Republic became the main developer of Zoner Software's antivirus system.

For more information, click on the link above.
Vito Andolini
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby snap355 » Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:14 pm

I bet he's making google :mb_dollar::
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html] Lend a hand and help with the folding project. Come join our 33258 team!

[/url]
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Vito Andolini » Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:05 pm

I would love to know how you write viruses. Not that I'd want to write them and pass them around, but I'd just love to know how you write them....what makes them so dangerous.
Vito Andolini
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Davek804 » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:06 pm

the early ones were soooo simple it wasnt even funny. congrats to him on finding a way to make lotsomonay!
"We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey."
Davek804
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Vito Andolini » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:50 pm

I never even heard of a computer virus until maybe 1996. It's amazing .......the destruction of a small program.
Vito Andolini
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby EmilyB » Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:06 am

Vito Andolini wrote:I never even heard of a computer virus until maybe 1996. It's amazing .......the destruction of a small program.

The problem is, some arent that small and reak havok 8O

I remember my very first contact with a "virus" it actually wasnt a virus, just a stupid BAT file which I ran and which ran DELTREE under Windows95 in silent mode and basically wiped everything off of my HDD :cry:

After running it was of no use to anyone and didnt cause anyone else any damage, so cannot be called a virus but it is amazing what some of them can do nowadays 8O
EmilyB

Postby snap355 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:29 am

Vito Andolini wrote:I would love to know how you write viruses. Not that I'd want to write them and pass them around, but I'd just love to know how you write them....what makes them so dangerous.

It starts with vb script :wink:
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html] Lend a hand and help with the folding project. Come join our 33258 team!

[/url]
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Vito Andolini » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:18 am

snap355 wrote:
Vito Andolini wrote:I would love to know how you write viruses. Not that I'd want to write them and pass them around, but I'd just love to know how you write them....what makes them so dangerous.

ok....what the heck is that? LOL
Vito Andolini
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby EmilyB » Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:35 am

Vito Andolini wrote:
snap355 wrote:

Any file ending with VBS is a VB Script. Its a sort of programming thing. VB = Visual Basic. The Scripting language is a cut-down of the more advanced programming language used to write real software.

:mb_google::
EmilyB

Postby snap355 » Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:35 am

EmilyB wrote:
Vito Andolini wrote:
snap355 wrote:

Any file ending with VBS is a VB Script. Its a sort of programming thing. VB = Visual Basic. The Scripting language is a cut-down of the more advanced programming language used to write real software.

:mb_google::

Once you get the basics, you can maybe move on to C or C++ language, start creating your own exe file and then bam start integrating into existing email systems, use network protocols to spread your virus, etc...

[/url]
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Next

Return to Programming