Adaware

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Adaware

Postby poundu1 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 6:34 pm

What does everyones list look like in the Adaware setting "Block all URL's containing the phrase"
crispr edit
poundu1
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Re: Adaware

Postby kltsin » Sun Dec 12, 2004 3:15 am

poundu1 wrote:What does everyones list look like in the Adaware setting "Block all URL's containing the phrase"

????

What phrase?

What version of adaware?

Are you speaking of the host files?
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

sry

Postby poundu1 » Sun Dec 12, 2004 10:35 am

Lavasofts Adwatch SE in the Tools & Preferences/Popups folder, has an area to enter keyword('s) that will be blocked if the URL, in part or in whole bares reference..
crispr edit
poundu1
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Re: sry

Postby kltsin » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:54 pm

poundu1 wrote:Lavasofts Adwatch SE in the Tools & Preferences/Popups folder, has an area to enter keyword('s) that will be blocked if the URL, in part or in whole bares reference..

Oh, Adwatch is only available in the PLUS/PRO version or other licensed version not the free one that I use.

I never used it, but the adaware forum seems to answer alot of questions
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showforum=157

(Note that Personally I wouldnt pay for AD-Aware plus for a home user, the same abilities as ad-watch can be found in spyware guard / spyware blaster (both free but more or less donation ware). A simple host file can be made to block any site/ad with a simple text editor. If I had to pay for any spyware program Pest Patrol would be on the top of my list)

Best of luck
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

TY

Postby poundu1 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:34 am

any features?
details for preferring Pest Patrol?
crispr edit
poundu1
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Re: TY

Postby kltsin » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:14 am

poundu1 wrote:any features?
details for preferring Pest Patrol?

Actually when it comes to paid for spyware removal/detection/protection Spy Sweeper is right up there with pest patrol if not better. Both have real time scanning to try and stop things from being installed in the first place.
Spy Sweeper has the better real time scanner according to some as well as a better removal engine.
Pest Patrol may find more though but doesnt remove everything, it definettly has the best support site and information on malware than any other.

But not one single program finds everything and can remove everything even if it finds it.

I generally just use a combination of AD-Aware SE personal with SpyBOT S&D (removal & detection and some prevention) and spyware guard, spyware blaster (purely for prevention purposes). All are free programs, (but I have donated).
I have 3 kids (teens) who download a bunch of crap so I need a layered protection like this.
kltsin
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to Programming