Help.. please

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Help.. please

Postby n30nx » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:15 am

A small school project.. using a pic chip and the 16f84 processor

I have to design, in MPLAB a program that allowes a series of small motors and servos to be controlled via a playstation controller.

We're planning on using an old case as the victim for this, and were making things like bezels for stealthed drives move up and down, and panels shift around. Can anyone offer help to program in MPLAB for the 16f84 processsor on a pic chip?
Cele 1.8ghz
1gb SD100
ati radeon 9200se
sb live 5
n30nx
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby atang1 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 3:57 am

I guess you need to get the cpu manual and pic manual to study their demo application software and apply it into MPlab?
atang1

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:35 am

I'd start by studying what the Playstation controller does as it's used (like when you indicate 'Right Turn' what 'address' or 'interrupt' is affected how). Figure out a means to end processing using the controller itself (perhaps # players option ?).

Then see what is needed to control the servos, how does the CPU need to indicate in order for the devices to be controlled ?

A simple program checking for Playstation controller activity, should then issue appropiate CPU instruction (perhaps an 'interrupt') to servo controller(s).

Some variables might be nice (and may be best stored to Disk as a 'Profile') to establish sensitivity of controller (much like you can adjust your Mouse speed in Control Panel).

Should be fun to test !
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to Programming