Multi-Threading help....

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Multi-Threading help....

Postby SpaceMonkey » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:56 pm

As part of my university project ive been told to email programmers / post on programming forums asking about the Design and Testing of Multi-Threaded applications as part of my research. So here i am :)

My research involves looking into how Multi-Threading is designed and tested in all languages but mainly VB.net.
Do you use or know of any special programs or techniques to test Multi-threaded applications? or do you just treat them as a normal programs and Design them no differently...but even then what do you use to help in the design and testing of the rest of the program.
If you dont use any yourself, do you know of anything that can be useful in this area?

All help appriciated.
Thanks in advance.
SpaceMonkey
Initiate
Initiate

Postby atang1 » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:02 am

hypertransport pipelines and multithreading are features of Unix operating system.

Hypertransport pipelines can use packets for tranmission. Multithreading is best illustrated by predictive branching in Pentium cpus. But Multithreading in general terms is sharing registers and creating virtual cpus, then operate them while they are free(no task assigned).
atang1

Return to Programming