Somthing I have been wondering about for some time now.

Discuss all aspects of programming here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby tribaloverkill » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:47 pm

Hmmm,... I am very new to perl or even sever side scripts,... I thought perl was php. I have to do some research now. I like the menu you have going on for the forums. I even noticed the shadow behind the links. I did the same for mine. With the menu I had made,... if the user wanted a shadow the script would create an addition layer with a lower z-index then the link. The user would specify how much they wanted the shadow offset. There was the optional opacity too but only worked in IE. I have to read up on PHP to see what thats about. Thanks.
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby tribaloverkill » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:11 pm

So I took a glance at what PHP can do. A glance, tiny. It looks kinda like every other language, I think. From what I saw it kinda does. Is there a major difference between Perl and PHP? PHP said that the sky is the limit but so did Perl. Peal is compiled into optcodes or even machine code if wanted,... that makes perl fast. PHP is totally interpreted? Is it fast? Is sky really the limit? So many different languages,... geeez. PHP is that much easier then Perl? All the forums across the net,... I know there are several but are a majority of them made from php? This forum is,... hmm. Brain on fire 8O. Need to read more,...
tribaloverkill
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby MoboCop » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:04 pm

The entire motherboards.org site uses php. It is fast. php is designed to script html pages. From my point of view easier to learn and code with than perl.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Previous

Return to Programming