Strange wired network problem

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby jeepie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:06 am

I have tried many different combo's of ports and moving computers around, all with the same results. The wire is cat5, and from all the things I have tried it all points to the wire. Has anyone ever had a problem with the cable itself ?
I bought the cat5 cable from an electrical supply company and my brother crimped the connectors on the ends for me, he has done this many times at work and I don't think the connectors are the problem, but you never know. I was thinking about getting different wire and trying that. I is a pain to fish the wire through the house so I would like to be sure before I did that.
Thanks again.
jeepie
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Hardware Junkie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:30 am

Unless you can find somewhere to rent a cable tester or something then your gonna have to fish cables. It defintately sounds like the problem, unless the cable is being seriously compromised by some kind of electrical problem.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby snap355 » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:24 am

When you fish the cable with preferrably cat6 cables, use a steel pipe or something to that affect to shield the cables from interferences since you're going long distances for ethernet.
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Previous

Return to Networking